Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tech Article- I have a new way of removing your windshield, No tools required & no damage to your car or seals
JRust
post Oct 3 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Okay so I pulled a nice uncracked windshield out of a parts car this summer. I posted a thread asking how to do it. I got some helpful tips & got it out fine. While it came out nice I knew there had to be a better way. So after many hours of deliberation on how to improve this removal. I have finally perfected how to do it.

Follow these steps to the letter for best results!

1st- Remove trim
2nd- Think of a nice straight country road
3rd- Load your car on a trailer backwords
3rd- Make sure your top is installed correctly
4th- Drive to the country road
5th- Stop & open your drivers window on your 914. ONLY the drivers window. Passenger must stay closed
6th- Get back in your truck & floor the phucker
7th- Keep an eye on your rearview mirror. Around 60-70 you should see your windshield leave your car & fly.

Disclaimer- DO not use this method on a busy freeway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . There is every possibility your windshield will strike the car behind you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) . Luckily it only cracked their windshield & nothing serious happened. On a positive note it came off beautifully & did not so much as scratch any part of my car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 10:57 PM