Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tech Article- I have a new way of removing your windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so I pulled a nice uncracked windshield out of a parts car this summer. I posted a thread asking how to do it. I got some helpful tips & got it out fine. While it came out nice I knew there had to be a better way. So after many hours of deliberation on how to improve this removal. I have finally perfected how to do it.

Follow these steps to the letter for best results!

1st- Remove trim
2nd- Think of a nice straight country road
3rd- Load your car on a trailer backwords
3rd- Make sure your top is installed correctly
4th- Drive to the country road
5th- Stop & open your drivers window on your 914. ONLY the drivers window. Passenger must stay closed
6th- Get back in your truck & floor the phucker
7th- Keep an eye on your rearview mirror. Around 60-70 you should see your windshield leave your car & fly.

Disclaimer- DO not use this method on a busy freeway dry.gif . There is every possibility your windshield will strike the car behind you headbang.gif . Luckily it only cracked their windshield & nothing serious happened. On a positive note it came off beautifully & did not so much as scratch any part of my car idea.gif
shoguneagle
Mr. Rust,

I do enjoy these different ways and methods that you have come up with over the years.
Always makes my day!!!
Spoke
The resourcefulness of 914 guys never ceases to amaze me.
ThinAir
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
scotty
10-20: Drink. Heavily. beer3.gif Buy lottery ticket!
NORD

How stupid of me! I took mine to a shop last week and had a new

one put in that only cost me $322 but it was worth it. driving.gif

No crack on passenger side anymore.

NORD
Rod
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
FourBlades

You forgot to station a friend on the side of the road wearing hockey gear to catch
the windshield once it flies out.

That or have them ride in the back of a pickup following right behind you.

John
KELTY360
Yeah, you also forgot to have a passenger sitting next to you so you can hand them your beer and say WATCH THIS!, right before you take off.

212.gif
PanelBilly
Always amazes me at how easy professionals make tasks like this look
ME733
popcorn[1].gif I often say "why didn't I think of that". this is one of those times. I always thought you had to ..blowtorch the damn car apart to get one out of a "parts car"...preferably with the gas tank 1/4 full..as the flames SOMETIMES softens the F- - k--ing rubber and glue. and a B.F.H. for the good one getting the" new" windshield....Your technique offers a much simpler solution.congratulations. popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
OMFG!!! I just snorted my beer! lol-2.gif I totally thought you were serious and I am going to do this soon!!!
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 4 2009, 08:48 PM) *

OMFG!!! I just snorted my beer! lol-2.gif I totally thought you were serious and I am going to do this soon!!!

I was totally serious! It worked great other than it hitting the car behind me part dry.gif
computers4kids

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 4 2009, 09:02 PM) *

I was totally serious! It worked great other than it hitting the car behind me part dry.gif

When I read this I had no doubt Jamie was fully serious. biggrin.gif Geez Jamie, you really should write a book. laugh.gif

You forgot to mention "do we just reverse the directions" for installing???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.