Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need An Oil Breather Suggestion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 15 2009, 10:05 AM) *

5.5.) Vacuum to pull the oil vapors / droplets into the engine to be burned can be obtained by tapping the top or bottom of the carb air cleaner and routing the vent hoses to the air cleaners.

Even better would be to vent to a breather can that separates the oil droplets first, then has the remaining vapors sucked through the carbs. This would be strictly legal, as Cap'n Krusty likes to remind us of.
The Tangerine Breather is available with a fitting on top instead of the K&N filter so this can be implemented.

IPB Image
jschaible
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Nov 15 2009, 09:54 AM) *

The CFR system is on the turbo 914, and quite simply, it is the best tool for the job. I considered the CB system, and made my own system with a bike bottle and some 3M pads inside, it kinda worked, but once I got the CFR breather, problem solved. Yes, its more than $50 bucks, and if thats all you have/want to spend, there are probably cheaper solutions, but there is not a better solution.

http://forums.aircooledtechnology.com/show...2819&page=4

Linky to some install photos.

ottox914 - how can I access your CFR system post on thre air cooled site? I registered, but the system says I don't have permission to view even though I am signed in!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jschaible @ Nov 15 2009, 11:17 AM) *

ottox914 - how can I access your CFR system post on thre air cooled site? I registered, but the system says I don't have permission to view even though I am signed in!

Jake runs a tight ship over there. You will have to wait for him to set up permissions for your account.
mbjarts
I have the VW "bugpack" and it blows oil all over my engine. The problem is that all three inlets (both heads and the hose from the oil filler) seem to be blowin oil into the little box and it sprays all over the bay. It doesnt seem to realease the air and/or pressure. Is it possible that I have too much oil pressure?
r_towle
QUOTE(mbjarts @ Nov 22 2009, 10:01 PM) *

I have the VW "bugpack" and it blows oil all over my engine. The problem is that all three inlets (both heads and the hose from the oil filler) seem to be blowin oil into the little box and it sprays all over the bay. It doesnt seem to realease the air and/or pressure. Is it possible that I have too much oil pressure?

Possible.

Please post a pic of the setup, maybe its not hooked up right.
Did you drill out the PCV valve so it allows the oil to drain into the oil filler?

Rich
mbjarts

[/quote]
Possible.

Did you drill out the PCV valve so it allows the oil to drain into the oil filler?

Rich
[/quote]

I actually put a "new" pvc valve in - I'll drill out and try. Thanks
Kargeek
Click to view attachment

Cut down fan motor bracket and a VW aftermarket breather...I milled off the top ribs...

r_towle
[quote name='mbjarts' date='Nov 23 2009, 01:42 PM' post='1241933']
[/quote]
Possible.

Rich
[/quote]

I actually put a "new" pvc valve in - I'll drill out and try. Thanks
[/quote]
This could be your problem.

The PCV valve is a one way valve to let pressure out.
Its not designed to let anything in.
With the aftermarket oil breather, you need to be able to drain the oil back...so either you drill a new hole in the oil filler box and add a fitting, or you drill out the PCV valve so it is just a hole that allows both the gases to escape and the oil to drain back in.

You may have no place for the oil to drain right now...that is why its blowing all over the enginebay.

Rich
r_towle
So,
I am about to put the CB Performance one in.
Anyone have more pics of where to mount it?
One IC on the back firewall...
One IC on the Fan..that is trick
On IC on the front firewall, but I cant see how its mounted.
I dont what to take off the backpad for this...to much work

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.