Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission rebuild video interest thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
During all of my clinics I have been approached about the video I mentioned making. The video WILL happen as I have recruited Eric (Cupomeat) and Cupomeat productions to professionally produce the vid. It will not just be well videoed, narated, etc, but Eric said he is going to audition a co host for me (like a tool time girl) which simply kicks ass! I need to finish the preliminary script and then go up and start working on it with Eric.

So, I am trying to gauge interest here. Let me know if you are interested so we can get an idea of production cost. More people = less cost and we are not looking to make a fortune (low cost to you guys).
computers4kids
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 10 2009, 10:15 PM) *

So, I am trying to gauge interest here. Let me know if you are interested so we can get an idea of production cost.

I could be interested only if the viewers get the same abuse as they would as a participant at one of your clinics. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I promise to try to make a high fidelity presentation of my personality. Really. Otherwise it will be a pretty boring video.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 10 2009, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 10 2009, 10:15 PM) *

So, I am trying to gauge interest here. Let me know if you are interested so we can get an idea of production cost.

I could be interested only if the viewers get the same abuse as they would as a participant at one of your clinics. biggrin.gif

agree.gif Give 'em hell Doc! chair.gif I'd buy it anyways!
EdwardBlume
I don't need one... but I'll buy one. beer.gif
bfrymire
Sign me up for one.

-- brett
VaccaRabite
So long as the tool girl co-host is pretty enough to make up for your ugly....poke.gif

Zach
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 10 2009, 11:19 PM) *

So long as the tool girl co-host is pretty enough to make up for your ugly....poke.gif

Zach

lol-2.gif
shoguneagle
AH!!! The EVIl DR. Evil is back in "practice" spinning his magical web from the dark side!!

I have been trying to follow his trans build clinics and have to realize I will eventually have to rebuild myown 901 trans on my own. The good Doc is moving on to what he has been training for the past years, and he has great knowledge he is trying to pass to fellow 914ers.

I need one of the videos so sign me up.

Steve Hurt
swl
been doing a lot of thinking about that since the great white clinic.

If you have a tranny that needs rebuilding and you have an option of attending a clinic you should do so. Not only is a great time but there are a lot of judgement calls (dog teeth in particular) where having the Evil one's experience is priceless. It is also nice having his stash of disassembly aids.

If you are going to rebuild after one of the clinics relying on memory is going to be a dangerous things. There are a lot of details in this work and it is easy to forget something. We need this video!

Mike/Cupomeat. Perhaps don't rely completely on video - cut in some macro stills to help with the judgement calls.

Great idea Mike. Maybe bundle it up with the consumables - seals, shift bushings ...

I'll buy one.
slackin' at work
I'd be in for one.
it looks like I may have to rebuild my tailshifter myself. poke.gif
KMA.gif
carr914
I'm in for one.

T.C.
ConeDodger
I'm in... But can the 'tool time' girl wear one of those naughty nurse outfits?
race914
Sign me up!

What a fantastic, useful project. Thanks Dr.
tat2dphreak
I'm in!

since the good Dr. seems to avoid Tejas. do you have a warranrt here or something? ;p

thanks for making a video, Mike!

agree.gif
Katmanken
Great idea for those that couldn't make a clinic!

Now that I finally have a job, I'd send money for one of those!

Gint
I'm in.
championgt1
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 11 2009, 08:02 AM) *

How about a naughty catholic girl outfit?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Oct 11 2009, 08:12 AM) *

Nah! I get enough of that at home... biggrin.gif
championgt1
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 11 2009, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Oct 11 2009, 08:12 AM) *

Nah! I get enough of that at home... biggrin.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
I'm in. Just tell me where to send money.

Edit: Couple suggestions

1) You should do a 914 and 911 version side by side. This would appeal to two markets.

2) As an option sell the specialty low buck tools with the video.
NORD

I'd be in for one. I know i'm going to be into my box some day.

A sheet with required tools enclosed would be helpful also driving.gif

NORD
Rleog
Count me in.
Mikey914
I'm in and I'll throw in an extra $10 if your co-host is in a bikini aktion035.gif w00t.gif
Steve
I would be interested, depending on cost and what the assistant is wearing or not wearing!!
ericread
I'm in. How about a section that deals with problems after the tranny has been reassembled?

Eric Read
Ian Stott
I will most certainly buy one. Can I be the co-host? I will wear just a (German) leather apron and it will definitely increase sales, I promise. Sorry I missed your clinic in Canada, the timing just didn't work and yes I would have brought the good lobsters.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
MDG
I'm in; I was in EU when you came up to Mark's and am sorry I missed it.
914_teener
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 11 2009, 09:23 AM) *

I'm in. Just tell me where to send money.

Edit: Couple suggestions

1) You should do a 914 and 911 version side by side. This would appeal to two markets.

2) As an option sell the specialty low buck tools with the video.

I'm in. The tool concepts or sales, and list would be great as an insert.

Also, I like the German apron thing.

Are you still sure you want to go into residency with ideas like this Mike?

Rob stirthepot.gif
JRust
If she is hot I volunteer to do the transmision oil rub down prior to the show to loosen her up piratenanner.gif

I'm in for a video for sure
Max914
You can definitely count me in.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 11 2009, 01:47 PM) *

If she is hot I volunteer to do the transmision oil rub down prior to the show to loosen her up piratenanner.gif

I'm in for a video for sure

Jamie wants to be the "fluffer"! lol-2.gif

The idea of showing Good parts, useable parts and bad parts would be a good thing. Instead of a "Tool Girl" I think she should be a "Tool Wench"!

The other thing that comes to mind is the "upgrade" or for a lack of knowing what the hell it's really called, changing 1st gear assembly to the "newer style". Using the 2nd - 5th synchro hub, Brake bands, stop blocks and anchor blocks.
underthetire
hell yes !
my928s4
I'm in.
jeeperjohn56
Hey Mike, I'm in for one just let me know when and where to send $$$. John
JimmyG
I'm in.
bcheney
I am in...this is such a cool thing that you're doing for all of us!!! As they say...you da bomb!!!
jmill
I'm in. I have two that need work.
TedK
Count me in.
pete-stevers
doc i would be up for one as well, maybe the even deeper details could be popped on it, like setting depth if you use an different intermediate plate...and how to pop an Lsd into one as well
i could donate "the" tranny for the occasion biggrin.gif
plus a list of tools
SLITS
Me .......................
type11969
In
charliew
I'm waiting also.
Tman914
Im in
craig downs
in
pilothyer
Count Me In Doctor
Zimms
+1
number6
+1
dlestep
...I would be very interested, in that my knowledge base of transaxles is very weak. I can't wait...Dave
plas76targa
Count me in.

..I can see the credits now, rolling along listing many of us here who have instigated those 'word's of wisdom' sarcasm.

If bikini clad assistant costs' extra why not add 3 D and the glasses too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.