Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa trunk clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Found 2 clips for the targa roof in my parts box, both have quite a bit of paint on them. I wanted your opinions on what to use for cleaning them up so I don't ruin them with paint thinner!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Found 2 clips for the targa roof in my parts box, both have quite a bit of paint on them. I wanted your opinions on what to use for cleaning them up so I don't ruin them with paint thinner!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

air craft stripper. It will not hurt rubber
URY914
Try WD40 first.
Ian Stott
Thanks guys, I'll try the WD 40 first as I don't have any aircraft stripper.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
76-914
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I'd be surprised if the paint stuck. I think the clip is of some phenolic material. Anyway, use some plastic bladed utensil or if you have some oak or other hardwood you can make a wedged piece and scrape with that. As long as you use a material that is <= the softness of the clip. I've scrapped a lot of aluminum with wood wedges "sharpened" on my sander and never scratched it.
Phoenix-MN
Soak them in Simple Green concentrate, the paint just blisters/peels off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.