Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GS Guy
Doh! slap.gif OK, back to keeping my keyboard shut!
Jeff
Mark Henry
Is this a turbo tank? Dipstick starts off part # 930 XXX XXX....

Don't think I'm that lucky Doc, I know this tank has rust issues.
lotus_65
i ran across this trick setup on cl. it's not my favorite because my rear trunk is the "clean" one...
Click to view attachment
now i wish i'd bought the tank i saw for $50.
SirAndy
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Nov 25 2009, 03:41 AM) *

i ran across this trick setup on cl. it's not my favorite because my rear trunk is the "clean" one...

barf.gif
Dr Evil
So sad sad.gif
jt914-6
I'm using the PMS tank and have no problems. Got it about 12 years ago when there weren't many others to choose from. It has the later oil filter console for the later filter and the bigger inlet....
smontanaro
Do people with real /6's ever switch to a repro tank just to preserve the real one they've got or only replace it when it starts to rust/leak?

S
J P Stein
The stock tank is long and narrow. This is not a problem in most instances....
at autocross it can be. It gets to sloshing back & forth and oil gets caught up in the windage. I usually found approx 6-8 oz of oil in the catch tank after an event. If I didn't keep that tank drained I ended up with oil in the trunk....that happened twice & it's messy. Non-violent AXers shouldn't have a problem.
underthetire
Don't know if this http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/1546257917.html would help anyone or not.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 12 2010, 02:04 PM) *

Don't know if this http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/1546257917.html would help anyone or not.

nope 911 If I do a DYI tank mod/build I'll use an earlier with a console.
jcd914
Has anybody ever looked into using a 964/993/996 tank in a 914?

In the 911s they mount in the Passenger fender ahead of the wheel and are plumbed in with hoses and pipes.
It seems the hoses and pipes could be fabricated to place it in the same local in a 914 but I'm not sure there would be room or if the mounting is feasible.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.