Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
Running 205/60/15 tires. What tire pressure are you using?
Cupomeat
I run the same size and run 29psi cold.

Front and back.
PeeGreen 914
Is this just a daily driver? If so just put in 32PSI and call it good. If you are doing track or AX you're going to have to tell us what tires you're using, how much your car weighs, if it is a four or six, and then we can get a little etter idea.

Geezer914
Just a daily driver with a little spirited driving
Ian Stott
I'm running on 195/60 Dunlops and 30 PSI (cold) all the way around seems to be best. I could feel the difference when I went to 32 PSI, not bad but just a little harder on the bumps, it is cooler up here so that could make a difference. I guess as long as you are getting a proper contact patch and you don't have uneven wear then you are real close to optimum. Grip/traction depends so much on rubber compound type and tread design that if you are experimenting, what seems best for you and your driving style can't be all wrong. I personally like my tires to have a little give, maybe because I have to contend with more potholes that others!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
PeeGreen 914
If you are wanting to have them at the optimum tire performance the best thing to do is to look at the scrub on your tires. After a nice twisty drive look to see how far the tires are rolling to the side.
messix
i've got about that size and i'm running 26lb
Shade Tree
I have 205/60/15 BFG G-force.....28psi all around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.