Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Almost Ready for Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
This engine is close to being ready for install. 2056 with LSD 901. Today, I took off the header stub pipes to the heads and installed Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers.. The left side was tough to get on... but with some persistence I was able to squeeze it on...

I did notice oil seeping through the taco plate and some around the oil filter, but its not enough to leave a drip.

Here's some picts...
VaccaRabite
Why are you going with SSI's over a header?

Zach
914Sixer
Looking good !!!!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 18 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Why are you going with SSI's over a header?

Zach

Heat. My street car will be a DD. The race car is a /6. The header / exhaust will be up for sale soon..

I really like the header set up and would totally go there if I didn't want to be relatively stockish...
EdwardBlume
Notice in the first pic how hard the engine mount bar is bent forward... is that OK?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 18 2009, 07:54 PM) *

Notice in the first pic how hard the engine mount bar is bent forward... is that OK?

WOW! How did that happen? That won't line up.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 18 2009, 10:54 PM) *

blink.gif I'm going to have to say "no", I'd try to find another one.

you might be able to bend it back, but I'd be afraid of it ruining the temper...

WTF did you hit?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 18 2009, 06:38 PM) *

This engine is close to being ready for install. 2056 with LSD 901. Today, I took off the header stub pipes to the heads and installed Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers.. The left side was tough to get on... but with some persistence I was able to squeeze it on...

I did notice oil seeping through the taco plate and some around the oil filter, but its not enough to leave a drip.

Here's some picts...

Isn't that the motor you were supposed to send me? And WTF you need a heater for, you live in sunny California! WTF.gif
TravisNeff
You can bend those engine bars pretty easy. I put mine in a vice (right at the bend), climbed up on my table and bent it straight from the opposite end.
JazonJJordan
Several 914 books state that works fine for the stockish /4s.
I have to do one of mine also.
jimkelly
mark that fan for TDC - real good - before you install the assy.

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 18 2009, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 18 2009, 10:54 PM) *

blink.gif I'm going to have to say "no", I'd try to find another one.

you might be able to bend it back, but I'd be afraid of it ruining the temper...

WTF did you hit?

Its from 504, but I'm wondering if perhaps the solid rear motor mounts and the extra torque of the engine bent it. The bar doesn't look rusty or distressed, just bent...

I do have an extra 2.0 engine bar to use...

Good advice. I'll make sure the TDC mark is clear.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 18 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Here's some picts...

Isn't that the motor you were supposed to send me? And WTF you need a heater for, you live in sunny California! WTF.gif

Ha ha. This motor is a bit more $$$ and HP. How's your 2.0 doing?

Heat isn't for me... although we are a little more high maintenance here in CA.
rhodyguy
i bet the bar will be more verticle when you get it off the dunage spacing it up on the funiture dolly. prob flexing the front mounts.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 19 2009, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 18 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Here's some picts...

Ha ha. This motor is a bit more $$$ and HP. How's your 2.0 doing?

Heat isn't for me... although we are a little more high maintenance here in CA.

She is still sitting at the shop waiting to be completed. Yes, she will have heat but my other 2 still won't have it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.