Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jake Raby's dad died
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Trekkor
Jake, I'm sorry to hear this sad news.

Try to remember the good times and values he taught you.
It sounds like you already are.

My condolences to you.

KT
TravisNeff
My condolences Jake. Good memories live forever.
saigon71
Jake:

Very sorry for your loss - sounds like he was a great man and a fine example to follow. Hang in there.

Bob
MikeSpraggi
Jake, you are very fortunate to have known and spent time with a man the caliber of your father .... and his spirit lives in you and you are honoring that spirtit everyday!
SGB
Knowing Jake, and reading his acknowledgment of his dad's influence, it is obvious that a great man has left a great mark on our world, and we were lucky for that. Jake, I'm sure you know you made that man proud. I wish you and your family well through this event.
Drums66
Many kind thoughts and prayer's for the loss of your* father*
peace and happpiness!
pilothyer
Jake, I am very sorry to hear of this great loss. Your dad was a fine man and whenever I talked to him he had a way of making me feel as though we were long time, old friends. He has, I'm sure, been very instrumental in shaping you into the man you are today.I had great respect for him and I also have great respect for you as a man and as a fellow Marine. I am sure he is resting in peace awaiting the sound of that trumpet. Peace and Comfort to you and yours at this time......... Jerry A. Hill
Ian Stott
Condolences from Canada Jake, I am glad you had as much time with him as you did, your tribute to him was very touching, he was one of the good guys.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
JazonJJordan
I second that-
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Oct 24 2009, 12:29 AM) *

I would like to extend my condolences and prayers to you and your family. He sounds alot like my late grandfather and that was the man who raised me, taught me that a hand shake still meant something and honesty was always the best policy. They don't make them like that amymore! Cheers to Mr. Raby!

bobhasissues
Jake & Family,
My sincere condolences for your loss.
Over time you will discover that he will continue to influence and inspire you.

Bob Mitchell
plas76targa
Jake - nice story about your dad. My condolences to you and your family. Your Dad was a great man and will be remembered for his influence on you.
azbill
Jake sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. Remember you will get passed this but you will never forget.

Bill Shaffer
craig downs
So sorry to hear about your dad passing, It must really hurt not being able to say good bye to him before he passed. Peace be with you and your family and may God bless you all.
RiqueMar
Mr. Jake Raby,

I know you don't know me, but I wish to convey to you my condolences, it is my deepest wish that you find peace through this hardest of times.

Enrique Mar
ottox914
Jake, sorry to hear of your loss. I fear my father is not far from yours- the MD's have said for the last several years that they can't operate on an 80 yr old to do any additional bypass work. I think he's up to 7 or 8 so far, and a couple of stints.

I treasure the time we have together, and he often rides with me on my appointments for work- not unlike your dad helping out at air cooled heaven. I do believe our dads were/are happy in our successes, and helping out is just part of them doing their job- making sure we have come out doing the best we can.
Jake Raby
My Brother, who I haven't seen in over a decade arrived late last night... Today is the final viewing and etc, so things are about to get to the absolute worst..

When I found my Dad I was in shock, I don't really know how I held together for those first few minutes. I just stepped back and gathered myself and started calling people.. I have endured a lot of scary things in my life from having in air emergencies in Helicopters to being shot at, but this was a completely different level of being scared.. It took me a few minutes to know who to call, but I finally had the thought to call one of our customers who is the Director of the county EMS service. Luckily his office is 1/4 mile from the shop so he was there in two minutes..

The past couple of days have been like the worst dream I have ever had.. The kind words from my friends on forums like this one have been inspirational and have helped me to further understand that me and my Dad and the rest of my family have an extended family that goes much farther than the little town in North Georgia where we live.

It'll be hard to get back to normal again.
IronHillRestorations
Time is the only thing that will ease your pain Jake. Time won't make it better, just easier to keep in perspective.

My deepest condolences.
Ian Stott
There will be a new normal Jake, and your Dad influenced you in many ways on this, he will always be with you, it just seems really different right now. I am happy to hear your brother is there, it is a good thing. Thoughts are with you, feeling deeply is not a weakness, it is an insight into a persons character.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
jimtab
Jake, I'm sorry for your, and your family's loss. I've lost both a dad and stepdad in my life and it isn't ever easy. Sounds like you were lucky and had a long and loving relationship to remember. Hang in there the pain will change to warm memories. Jim
JazonJJordan
My hand on your shoulder- my friend; along with dozens of others~
from here to New Zealand.
You will not be alone in these moments either, we stand right-beside you-
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 25 2009, 09:19 AM) *

My Brother, who I haven't seen in over a decade arrived late last night... Today is the final viewing and etc, so things are about to get to the absolute worst..

When I found my Dad I was in shock, I don't really know how I held together for those first few minutes. I just stepped back and gathered myself and started calling people.. I have endured a lot of scary things in my life from having in air emergencies in Helicopters to being shot at, but this was a completely different level of being scared.. It took me a few minutes to know who to call, but I finally had the thought to call one of our customers who is the Director of the county EMS service. Luckily his office is 1/4 mile from the shop so he was there in two minutes..

The past couple of days have been like the worst dream I have ever had.. The kind words from my friends on forums like this one have been inspirational and have helped me to further understand that me and my Dad and the rest of my family have an extended family that goes much farther than the little town in North Georgia where we live.

It'll be hard to get back to normal again.

stephenaki
I've been out of the net and just saw this; my deepest condolences to Jake and his family.
Bruce Allert
Jake, so sorry for your loss. I was with my Dad on Saturday cutting his lawn for him because of an illness. He's getting better but at 85 his recovery is slow. I got him outside & he did some weed eating & sweeping & I could tell he felt better because of it. Talking to him about his rogue Navy days perked him up too. I guess what I'm saying is I will miss him also when he's gone but I will, as you have, cherish all moments with him that I have left.

Hang in there Buddy and thanks for all you & your Dad have done for the "Air Cooled World".

....b
MDG
Jake, very sorry to hear of your loss. Having just lost my dad last month (on 9/14 oddly enough), I feel for you. The memories, the imparted wisdom and the influences he's left behind are yours to keep. Once the physical absence gets easier to deal with you'll realize he's still right there with you.

m.
moggy
So sorry to hear your sad news Jake. Take care of yourself buddy.

Moggy
charliew
I'm sorry for your loss Jake and my prayers are with you. Be strong for those left behind. You will be numb for awhile but it will get better. Remember your Dad loved you and wouldn't want you to suffer too much and just try to do the best you can to take care of everything. I was lucky that my mom still was going good and was right in the middle of all the things that needed to be tended to. It's been 11 years since he went to a better place. He was 90. He spent several years in a rest home with dementia or alt. and the last year in a fetal position sleeping but I still remember the hunting and fishing trips we went on and all the other family outings we had. My mom spent a part of every day with my dad for 9 years in the resthome. He was a old athlete so his heart was very strong but his mind went way to soon.

I know it's easy for me to say but down the road you will realize that the way your dad went was one of the better ways to go. It's good you were closeby. I know he suffered over the years but he was still able to keep going and to give you support and advice.

It sounds like he was a very good man who always wanted the best for you and his other loved ones.

Something I do when something gets misplaced or is hard to diagnose is, I think to ask my dad where the item is or what the heck is wrong that this fix isn't easy. It really seems like he helps all the time.

God Speed Harry and hang in there Jake.

Charlie
Jake Raby
Thanks again guys..
Today was the Funeral. Tomorrow I'll start to rebuild.

Having this many friends really helps.
MrKona
Jake,

Logging in for the first time in awhile, and was sad to see this post. My condolences to you and your family. I wish you strength as you move through this.

- Bryan
Jake,
I wish I had a father like yours.. Sorry for your loss.
Alan
flipb
Jake,

I've barely been a member of the board (and a 914 owner) long enough to graduate from newbie status, but everyone, down to my local Porsche mechanic, can't say enough good things about your shop and your work.

It's clear that somebody instilled in you an incredible work ethic and an honest demeanor, and I presume that your Dad gets a lot of that credit. While I'm lucky to still have my parents, I've been through a loss and my friends and community did more than they will ever know to get me through it.

For one thing, you've inspired me (and probably a lot of other members) to make a few more long-distance phone calls and not take for granted the time that we've got. It's a difficult time for you, but hopefully the support from this community is half as moving to you as your eloquent tribute to your father has been for us.

Celebrate his life and be comforted in the memories that will always be with you.

Philip (Flip) B.
mikelsr
Jake,
I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your father. You and your family are in our thoughts.

Mike
Kansas 914
Jake,

My deepeset condolences - God's speed Harry Raby.
championgt1
sad.gif Bummer! You and your family are in our thoughts

God speed Mr. Raby

fiid
Condolences, Jake. Sorry for your loss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.