what are they for?
where do they go?

IPB Image
underthetire
Seat cushion for seat belt warning ??
steveherman
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 2 2009, 07:00 PM) *

Seat cushion for seat belt warning ??

maybe one to the seat belt receptacle and on to the cushion?
i have no idea.
can someone confirm this?
and the brown one with the small spade connector... any ideas?
Rod
There were various things under the seat which are usually ripped out. Seatbelt warning gubbins etc. mine has two plugs there which are not used. The only wires which are still connected are the ones going up behind the backpad to the interior light, and also the positive feed to the illumination bulb in the heater flapper display.
steveherman
but i am putting things back in.
and i dont know where these go.
i put in the seatbelt warning relay box under the seat.

anyone have any ideas???
zx-niner
Is it a 1974 model with the seatbelt ignition interlock? There should be more than six wires. Here's what I did.

Click to view attachment
steveherman
yes it is a 74 with interlock system.
i am putting it BACK the way it came.
so i put the relay box back in.
in my picture i have 3 plugs that i am trying to figure out where they go.
does any one know?
steveherman
these are what I am trying to figure out...

IPB Image
SLITS
In your image, it appears that the big yellow wire has a split connector on it. If the two yellow wires that run to the interlock relay are joined, your seatbelt interlok is diabled and it won't make any difference if you hook up the stock sytem.

Image needs to be brighter to see the connectors. I know the two wire connector on the left is a plug for the sensor from the seat pad. The one you have circled in red.
steveherman
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 2 2009, 11:11 PM) *

In your image, it appears that the big yellow wire has a split connector on it. If the two yellow wires that run to the interlock relay are joined, your seatbelt interlok is diabled and it won't make any difference if you hook up the stock sytem.

Image needs to be brighter to see the connectors. I know the two wire connector on the left is a plug for the sensor from the seat pad. The one you have circled in red.

yes there is a split connector there.
was there.
so what about the brown wires in the female spade connector... where does it go?
SLITS
Male connector from seat cushion sensor ... it's in the cushion.
Socalandy
Brown is Earth or ground in all 914's and German cars isnt it?? Where it goes is the mystery
steveherman
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 3 2009, 01:17 AM) *

not that one.
the one in the top right of the red oval.
2 brown wires... not the one with a brown and white.
jt914-6
Look at post #6. There is a male spade connector, it has a small hole in it that is a part of the mount for the seatbelt relay. The two brown wires (ground) attach to the male connector for grounding..... biggrin.gif
steveherman
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:05 AM) *

Look at post #6. There is a male spade connector, it has a small hole in it that is a part of the mount for the seatbelt relay. The two brown wires (ground) attach to the male connector for grounding..... biggrin.gif

no.
if you look at my picture you can see that one is already hooked up.
the one unhooked would not fit on that connector.
that is a large spade... this connector is one of the small ones.
jt914-6
Is there a place on the interlock relay to connect it?
Cire
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 3 2009, 12:17 AM) *

Are there any problems with removing all the under the seat wires? It doesnt prevent the car from starting or anything like that does it?

Thanks.

Eric
jt914-6
On my '74 I removed the seat belt interlock relay. There is one "hot" wire that has to be taped so it won't ground out. It is black in color. You have to connect the large yellow wires together so the starter solenoid gets power when you start the car.....
detoxcowboy
O.k> looks like the wires yur circling plug into your seat cushion see attachment for the sensor you should have coming out of your seat, that what it plugs into, also there is another plug coming out your seat belt clip holders if someone has not cut them off. I do not know what your trying to achieve here. I have a 74 2.0 that had all the sensors in tact but discombobultated and I hate the buzer warning and brake light warning for the 1974 seat belt laws so I cut them all back and out and tossed as much as I could without losing anything else. Thats the issue, losing other stuff, when you start remove extranious wires. I would cut a wire and then turn the igniton key to see if I lost my oil dummy light, temp sensor, alt light ect. check your gauges as alot of them run right through that tunnel and borrow/share power and ground from those 2 or 3 big yellows and the conditional grounds of the seat belt warning sytem, also very important is your cabin lights run right through that tangle too.. Could lose those. When I did it I temporarily lost oil dummy light and cabin lights but was able to correct that immeadiately going 1 wire at a time then checking everything. Under your seat used to be a huge logic relay and another little cubed relay. I only removed mine to put an amplifier under the seat, and peace of mind that I new if I had a starting issue evr I could eliminate the logic relay and its mess..Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.