Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size plate do you think this is?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
Howdy all.

I was wondering about the plate and the bars in this rear cage. What size is the plate under the framing? Also, what size do you think that tube is? Do you think they put plate down under the trunk side too?

Anyone got any pictures of this? Anyone ever done this? Suggestions? I want to stiffen up the rear end.

Thanks.

Eric

Click to view attachment
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 3 2009, 10:36 PM) *

I want to stiffen up the rear end.

What leads you to believe there are stresses in the back aft of the shock towers ?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 3 2009, 06:36 PM) *

Howdy all. Thanks.

What is the purpose of your build?

If you're building the car to run with a certain organization, like SCCA etc. you need to get a rulebook.

It will have all the answers to material choice and thickness ...
shades.gif Andy
URY914
My quess is a 1/8" plate and 1" tubing to answer your questions without giving you a hard time.
Cire
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 3 2009, 10:03 PM) *

My quess is a 1/8" plate and 1" tubing to answer your questions without giving you a hard time.

Greatly appreciated. = ) Lord knows we all need more answers and less hard times.

Thanks again!

Eric
IronHillRestorations
Andy is right though, if you plan to run in a certain class then you need to make sure you follow the rules.

If this isn't a dedicated competition car, you could be wasting time and trunk space.
FourBlades

Isn't the logic of those tubes to stiffen the cross bar that your transmission is
mounted to? I'm not sure how much side to side and twisting forces your
transmission and driveshafts put on the rear of the car but it has to be something.

Do you get better shifting action by using those bars?

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.