Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: emergency lights stopped working..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SECHSER
k, so i have a feeling this might not be that big of a deal.. after all i thought it was just gonna be a bad flasher relay, but then i discovered that it worked again after i disconnected and reconnected the battery. well, for 5 more flashes.. so this is just totally weird.. dry.gif

anyone's got this kinda issue? could this still be a bad flasher relay? thanks in advance.
underthetire
I had an old Datsun pickup that did that. It was the flasher relay on it. Replaced it and it burnt out agin. apparently on that truck if the hazzards were on and you pressed the brake pedal, things went very wrong.
detoxcowboy
I would start with a new relay, sound as electrically it is dis functional after a few clicks, it is by the way the most active hard use relay.. I have had a few differnt electrical items fail that way work for a little then seize/stop unplug it re-start it and agin works for 5 seconds then nada..
Cap'n Krusty
Work the hazard switch about 20 cycles to clean the contacts and see if that helps. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.