Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 2.0 Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914four
I tried the classifieds with no luck so I thought I would try the garage.

Recently I learned that I have mismatched fuel injectors causing problems and would like to purchase new injectors. There are a few sources I have found with prices around $54.00 for new injectors but after purchasing the last one from one source I have found all of the other sources to be out of stock.

Does anyone know of a source with reasonably priced new injectors available? Any information would be appreciated.

Kelvin

Click to view attachment
detoxcowboy
Wow, At least you got one cheap $54.00, all the websites say they have them then when you go look they have either nada, aftermarket, or 1.8 leftovers ect.. there was somebody selling about 2 weeks ago 4 almost new less than 1,000 miles 4 of them for $450.00, I got a set ebay $500.00. Seems like the rule of thumb is collect 5 or 6 used to get 4 good ones.. Maybe by posting here someone will break loose with their stash. I sold an NOS original for $125.00 so at least you got one.. three to go.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
wow I guess that it is about time to raise our 80 dollar retail then.
tod914
The websites don't reflect the inventory. The places I tried all said they are out of stock. Unless Bosch is making new ones, I would think they are pretty much gone at this point.
zymurgist
How about acceptable interchange parts? Surely there must be some injectors out there that will do the trick.
tod914
There was a post some time ago regarding that. I think Jeff Bowsby has a chart on the flow rates, etc.
914four
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 5 2009, 08:28 AM) *

wow I guess that it is about time to raise our 80 dollar retail then.

Are the 80 dollar injectors new?

I usually start with Auto Atlanta but when I called I was told new injectors were no longer available. After reading about some members experiences with rebuilt injectors I was hoping to find new but it looks like I may have to go with the rebuilt injectors.

A local source said they could get a set of new injectors but it would be about $1000.00 for four injectors and that sounded excessive so I started an internet search and have only been able to come up with one new injector. I'm not sure the potential problems with rebuilt injectors is worth avoiding the $1K cost of a new set and I'm not sure sure if the local source can really come up with the new injectors if I placed an order.

I would like to install four known good injectors and that might be impossible to do even with new so I will probably take my chances with the one new injector and three rebuilt.

Kelvin
tod914
The new ones were going for about $225.00+ each before that huge drop in price. Maybe they were clearing the last of the inventory for that $54.00 price. Witchhunter is a good place to get them cleaned and calibrated. Not that expensive either.
kconway
You may be able to source them from South America if you know anyone down there that can check. I've been told there is alot of Bosch stuff still on the shelf down there.
tracks914
I went through this 4 months ago. I ended up finding a bad set then a good set of used ones on this site.
The $54 ones are not Bosch but can still work great IF you can find them. I could only find one and wasn't going to buy just one.
I have 8 Bosch used ones that I might send to Witch hunter for rebuild and then sell them, but for now I'll hang on to them.
BTW there is a Mercedes 73-75 injector that is identical to the 914 but with a straight hose. Search this site and you will find them. I could only find 2 of the Mercedes at the time.
Drums66
QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 5 2009, 11:31 AM) *

You may be able to source them from South America if you know anyone down there that can check. I've been told there is alot of Bosch stuff still on the shelf down there.

Correct......Brazil is 1 of them! idea.gif
Drums66
Chile and Argentina are a couple other's idea.gif
914four
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 5 2009, 12:43 PM) *

The $54 ones are not Bosch but can still work great IF you can find them.

I recently purchased a new in the box Bosch fuel injector with the correct part number for $54.00. Apparently the price dropped significantly just before they were NLA and if you do a web search you can still find a few places that advertise this low cost for the new Bosch fuel injectors. I have not been able to find any more of the new injectors in stock with this cost.
SirAndy
It seems it wouldn't be too difficult to retrofit a stock fuel-rail to accept more modern, easily available and reasonably priced fuel injectors ...

idea.gif Andy
underthetire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 5 2009, 05:10 PM) *

It seems it wouldn't be too difficult to retrofit a stock fuel-rail to accept more modern, easily available and reasonably priced fuel injectors ...

idea.gif Andy

It's harder than you think ! I'm doing some right now. Using a Delphi two port one.
1. had to make brass sleeves. The new injector tips are larger, so just drilling out the manifolds wouldn't work. Not enough surface area to get a good o-ring seal.
2. Drill out the manifolds and solder in the sleeves.
3. Make fuel rails to fit over the injectors. New injectors use an o-ring on top instead of the hose.
4 make clamps to hold the fuel injector rail down to the maifolds to hold it and the injectors in.
5. adjust fuel pressure cause of the change in injector caracteristics.

Now for me, tuning is easy with the megasquirt, simply adjust map/fuel bins and injector time. I'm going one step further and building a new plenum for my new 50 mm throttle body with idle circuit control.

Thats not to say some other injector wouldn't be a closer match IDK, but then there is the impedance (resistance basicaly) of the injectors to deal with then.

Did I muddy it up enough? beer3.gif
jimkelly
see post #12

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=77265&hl=
kconway
I scored a set of 4 new in box off ebay back in May for $355. laugh.gif

They come up on ebay every once in awhile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.