Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kijiji nut case with a fresh rebuilt engine for $1200
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
Maybe it's my fault, I should have kept my mouth (keyboard) shut and should have just said "thanks, I'll keep it in mind".
In fact just the way the ad was written I shouldn't have never replied.

Here's the Ad

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-a...QAdIdZ166931077

Here's the email conversation,

My frist email I can't seem to pull up but it was simple like "Hi, how much for the engine and /or transmission, Thanks".
The rest is C&P no editing

Hi

The engine is curently getting rebuilt and will be listed on eBay for a buy it now of $1200.00 I might list I on kijiji also.

The transmission is in great shape no rebuild nesisary. Had an offer of $500.00 after asking $900. The lowest I'd take is $750.00 for the transmission.

Thanks

"No thank you...too much for 914 cores. You should have taken the $500."

(Again I totally admit I should have just STFU)

If you change your mind feel free to drop in my store @ savosparts.com and stores.eBay.com/savos-parts

On the hotline there are many 5spd's listed and i sold on eBay for $1000.00 but than again opinion are like ASSHOLES everybody has one And nobdy want to here it right they stink

Anyways have a great day I'm sure there are many junk cores out there for you. If I come across a CORE I'll let you know.

Thanks

"Cool I'll tell all the members of our internet international club....about 10,000+ Porsche 914 members.
They would love to hear of a rebuilt engine for $1200 and they would want to know how you do it.
Do you want to go there.....or apologize for your rudeness, your call. "

Again I should know by now that arguing on the internet is like the old special Olympics story....

S to me
show details 12:24 PM (3 hours ago)
You voiced your fucking opinion first and accused me of being a lier you fucken low life goof.
You asked how much and I told you than called lier you dilusional fucken piece of shit.
If you pissed me off like that in public I'd knock all your fucken teeth out you fuck.

All you had to do was respond with no thanks or not respond at all would have been the wisest choice buy you choose to attack and call me a lier you dumb fucken idiot.

Do a fucken seach you low life. There are people out there that don't care about price and those are the ones with great attitudes. The Thera the low life fucks such as yourself who want everything for nothing.
Obviously you just a punk as dreaming kid. People who build sand rails without money in mind pay dearly for these if you like to know idiot.

Once again I'd like to remind you that you contacted me first and attacked and called me a lier.

Go fuck yourself and stop harasing me you fucken piece of shit.

Fuck you very much

blink.gif rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif

No use in taking it further. I as a seller have had assholes (like me) looking for deals and I never say more than "Thanks for looking".
sww914
He probably doesn't know the difference between rebuilt and repaired.
SirAndy
This should go into the classics!

biggrin.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
who else here feels like emailing the guy and saying?:

"Hi, how much for the engine and /or transmission, eh? Thanks".

stirthepot.gif
736conver
Sorry to me it sounds like you provoked him.

All he was guilty of was overprice items.
montoya 73 2.0
Uh Oh!! idea.gif happy11.gif ph34r.gif here we go! popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
blink.gif WOW

be careful with that guy
ericread
S to me

All you had to do was respond with no thanks or not respond at all would have been the wisest choice buy you choose to attack and call me a lier you dumb fucken idiot.

Fuck you very much

He does have a point. Selling via an ad does indicate that he desires to sell to the highest bidder. Your threat to post on this website might very well cause him to end up with a lower bid, and as we all know, "let the buyer beware".

You could probably write similar emails to about 50% of all of the eBay postings, but really, what's the point? As for the rudeness, there are certain "Cap'n"s that participate here that are proud of their rudeness. And as we have all seen, a rude answer isn't always a wrong answer.

Besides, his sign-off was classic! lol-2.gif And he did say "Anyways have a great day..."

popcorn[1].gif

MDG
pffft . . . Canadians.

Mark, if he does meet you on the street you'll know what to do; pull the sweater over his head and beat the bark off him.

mike
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 6 2009, 05:14 PM) *

And nobdy want to here it right they stink

Do we now have a third language up here!?!
Elliot Cannon
ORRRR. We could just stay above it and ignore it.
kenshapiro2002
You're obviously more intelligent, so I'm declaring you the winner, at least in the Darwinian sense.

Maybe it's my fault, I should have kept my mouth (keyboard) shut and should have just said "thanks, I'll keep it in mind".

Here's the Ad

My frist email I can't seem to pull up but it was simple like "Hi, how much for the engine and /or transmission, Thanks".

Hi

The engine is curently getting rebuilt and will be listed on eBay for a buy it now of $1200.00 I might list I on kijiji also.

The transmission is in great shape no rebuild nesisary. Had an offer of $500.00 after asking $900. The lowest I'd take is $750.00 for the transmission.

Thanks

If you change your mind feel free to drop in my store @ savosparts.com and stores.eBay.com/savos-parts

On the hotline there are many 5spd's listed and i sold on eBay for $1000.00 but than again opinion are like ASSHOLES everybody has one And nobdy want to here it right they stink

Anyways have a great day I'm sure there are many junk cores out there for you. If I come across a CORE I'll let you know.

Thanks

"Cool I'll tell all the members of our internet international club....about 10,000+ Porsche 914 members.
They would love to hear of a rebuilt engine for $1200 and they would want to know how you do it.

Again I should know by now that arguing on the internet is like the old special Olympics story....

S to me
You voiced your fucking opinion first and accused me of being a lier you fucken low life goof.
You asked how much and I told you than called lier you dilusional fucken piece of shit.
If you pissed me off like that in public I'd knock all your fucken teeth out you fuck.

Do a fucken seach you low life. There are people out there that don't care about price and those are the ones with great attitudes. The Thera the low life fucks such as yourself who want everything for nothing.
Obviously you just a punk as dreaming kid. People who build sand rails without money in mind pay dearly for these if you like to know idiot.

Once again I'd like to remind you that you contacted me first and attacked and called me a lier.

Fuck you very much

No use in taking it further. I as a seller have had assholes (like me) looking for deals and I never say more than "Thanks for looking".

r_towle

Fuck you very much

av-943.gif
kenshapiro2002
Yeah...the guy was nowhere near as abusive as Rick Towle was to me when I started in here (he loves me now and I feel almost the same way about him...in fact I call him "Ricky Poo"). As to Cap'n? Always a calm, thoughtful, kind and caring 914 friend to this newbie.
MoveQik
fucken klassik!
johannes
Learned a lot of new words ...
PeeGreen 914
huh.gif Wow. I guess some people know the art of conversation and other simply do not. poke.gif
kconway
QUOTE(736conver @ Nov 6 2009, 02:43 PM) *

Sorry to me it sounds like you provoked him.

All he was guilty of was overprice items.

Agreed. I don't see the difference from his add and one here on our classifieds. Plenty of overpriced items here occaisionally but your considered a douche if you comment about it. You said it...should have just left it alone. BUT, I wouldn't have been able to not make the same comment you did myself!
MDG
The last rant reads better if I picture Bob saying it.

Click to view attachment
balljoint
Jeez that are the last fucken tym I post my ad on kijiji. tongue.gif

Fun Mark biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 6 2009, 03:22 PM) *

Yeah...the guy was nowhere near as abusive as Rick Towle was to me when I started in here (he loves me now and I feel almost the same way about him...in fact I call him "Ricky Poo"). As to Cap'n? Always a calm, thoughtful, kind and caring 914 friend to this newbie.

The cap'n tore me a new one when I first got on here. All in good fun or atleast I hope. idea.gif lol-2.gif
Cap'n Krusty

I musta overlooked you ..................... Gimme some time to prepare for your initiation ....................... The Cap'n
zymurgist
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 6 2009, 05:36 PM) *

who else here feels like emailing the guy and saying?:

"Hi, how much for the engine and /or transmission, eh? Thanks".

stirthepot.gif

hahaha lol-2.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *

The cap'n tore me a new one when I first got on here. All in good fun or atleast I hope. idea.gif lol-2.gif

IIRC he got me too. Something about having a nice donor. beerchug.gif
Cheapsnake
I agree, you probably should have just let it go, but sometimes you just can't resist poking that sleeping bear - just to see what he'd do. so now we know and it's hilarious!

Who wants to send the guy a link to this thread? That should just about push him over the edge.
kenshapiro2002
Didn't overlook me at all...you chimed in right away on a very early thread of mine and were a total mensch (that's a good thing).

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *

I musta overlooked you ..................... Gimme some time to prepare for your initiation ....................... The Cap'n

championgt1
You made him say the "f'' word like 11 times. Nice work! beerchug.gif
brp986s
I guess I have the minority view on this. The seller wants $900 for a good gearbox. The prospective buyer refers to it as "core". To me, "core" means non-op, but rebuildable. I would be offended if someone referred to something I was selling as "core" if I knew otherwise. I would not launch into a tirade, but I would be offended. As for others here taking delight in antagonizing the seller, I dunno. I've heard slapstick is the lowest form of humor, but this is a few notches below that. It's not funny to me.
Mark Henry

I'm not going to play. Yes I should have just said "no thanks"

Kind of pissed me off about the price of a "rebuilt" engine and then the perfect transmission. I'd say he's a Honda guy or ebay backyard scraper, no clue about 914's.

The funny part is most canadians are very polite...even if they are calling you a shit head under their breath.
I'd say he's off his meds screwy.gif

MDG
We all know Mark was being an asshat poke.gif biggrin.gif

It's the way the guy LOST it that is funny. That big rant of his was like taking a bong hit; halfway through the word fuck lost all meaning to me.

Oh, and I took the bait like he asked and went on his site; when I clicked 'Porsche' parts this is what came up

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(brp986s @ Nov 6 2009, 08:33 PM) *

The seller wants $900 for a good gearbox.

And there's the rub ...

How do you know it's a "good" gearbox? From the ad, it seems he's parting out a car. What do you consider a "good" gearbox?

If there's nothing to go with it (receipts of a rebuild for example) i would consider his gearbox a "core". Nothing more.
stirthepot.gif Andy
Mark Henry
Yes several records were shattered, do you realize I sent him totally ballistic in three emails and the first one shouldn't count.shades.gif

I've sold a lot of stuff on the net, dealt with nicest peeps and total dicks, I never lose my cool. To do so is just retarded.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 7 2009, 12:28 AM) *

QUOTE(brp986s @ Nov 6 2009, 08:33 PM) *

The seller wants $900 for a good gearbox.

And there's the rub ...

How do you know it's a "good" gearbox? From the ad, it seems he's parting out a car. What do you consider a "good" gearbox?

If there's nothing to go with it (receipts of a rebuild for example) i would consider his gearbox a "core". Nothing more.
stirthepot.gif Andy

Exactly, did he at least drive it?
Almost every box is a core because 1st and 2nd will require repair.
Not to mention $1200 for a "rebuilt" 2.0?

Guess what he loses on the engine he'll make up for on the trans. rolleyes.gif
dlestep
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *

...Everyone is encased in Bull Shit. The difference is how deep does it go.
I feel fortunate to have escaped The Cap'ns' sharp tongue.
(...or he thinks I'm full of BS and not worth the effort. biggrin.gif )
A little Hommage to the Cap'n pray.gif (respect for the old farts)

As for the ass wipe who wants to sell shit, then it [he] must be upfront.
Most people on this website share information, play in our own soup and
rely on everyone's experience to our own advantage.
I would have investigated it, asked more questions, made a decision, then would have moved on...
I must say, It was entertaining... I guess the short version is mutual R E S P E C T.

Dr Evil
I am trying to figure out how big this guy is. Mark is a fucking bear, no shit blink.gif His hands are huge and his fingers the size of thumbs, eh.
scotty b
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 6 2009, 03:17 PM) *

You're obviously more intelligent, so I'm declaring you the winner, at least in the Darwinian sense.

Here's the Ad

Hi

The transmission is in great shape no rebuild nesisary NECESSARY. Had an offer of $500.00 after asking $900. The lowest I'd take is $750.00 for the transmission.

Thanks

On the hotline there are many 5spd's listed and i sold on eBay for $1000.00 but than THEN again opinion are like ASSHOLES, everybody has one And nobdy nobody wantS to here it right they stink ( GIBBERISH )

Thanks

S to me
You voiced your fucking opinion first and accused me of being a lier LIAR you fucken FUCKING low life goof.
You asked how much and I told you than called lier LIAR you dilusional fucken FUCKING piece of shit.
If you pissed me off like that in public I'd knock all your fucken FUCKING teeth out you fuck.

All you had to do was respond with no thanks, or not respondING at all would have been the wisest choice buy [b], BUT[/b] you choose to attack and call me a lier LIAR you dumb fucken [color=#FF0000]]FUCKING idiot.

Do a fucken FUCKING seach SEARCH you low life. There are people out there that don't care about price, and those are the ones with great attitudes. The Thera THEN THERE ARE the low life fucks such as yourself who want everything for nothing.
Obviously you ARE just a punk as ASS dreaming kid. People who build sand rails without money in mind pay dearly for these if you WOULD like to know YOU FUCKEN FUCKING idiot.

Once again I'd like to remind you that you contacted me first and attacked ME and called me a lier LIAR.

Go fuck yourself and stop harasing HARASSING me you fucken FUCKING piece of shit.

Fuck you very much

Please return this to the fine fucken gentleman. What a fucktard
davep
Text of the ad:
"1974 PORSCHE 914-4 2.0L 5SPD PARTING OUT WHAT DO U NEED?
Date Listed 05-Nov-09
Price Free
Address Bright, Blandford-Blenheim, ON, Canada

PRIMED PARTS AVAILABLE
ALMOST COMPLETE PARTS AVAILABLE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU NEED"

NOTE the price: FREE!
What a dickwad.
kenshapiro2002
And I thought Canadians were just polite Americans.

QUOTE(davep @ Nov 7 2009, 09:28 PM) *

Text of the ad:
"1974 PORSCHE 914-4 2.0L 5SPD PARTING OUT WHAT DO U NEED?
Date Listed 05-Nov-09
Price Free
Address Bright, Blandford-Blenheim, ON, Canada

PRIMED PARTS AVAILABLE
ALMOST COMPLETE PARTS AVAILABLE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU NEED"

NOTE the price: FREE!
What a dickwad.

Dr Evil
No, not when they get to drinking.......and touching blink.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 7 2009, 09:10 PM) *

Please return this to the fine fucken gentleman. What a fucktard

agree.gif Once again, Tom Lehrer provided some pithy words of wisdom...

Be prepared to hold your liquor pretty well,
Don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell.
ConeDodger
Actually, I can rebuild an engine and sell it for $1200.00 + shipping of course. I would just take it apart and put it back together. If you want the high performance model it is $1800.00 + shipping. For that, I take it apart, clean the parts and put it back together. lol-2.gif

OH..... you must provide the core motor that I rebuild for you though biggrin.gif
kenshapiro2002
OK...I think we all agree.

Here's the Ad

Hi

Thanks

Thanks

S to me

Fuck you very much

Mark Henry
But is it????
I've dealt with way bigger assholes than I was, in fact I was polite but blunt.
NEVER would I call someone an asshole, I would have let it drop. It's just not professional (he's claiming to be one) and why waste my time.

Not to mention I hate bs.gif

He's clueless, you can't rebuild a engine with core for $1200 and unless you have driven a trans you can't claim it's perfect.

This guy thinks he won, he's all proud of himself, he won the gold in the special Olympics!
biggrin.gif
kenshapiro2002
Sure...that's why you started off with the disclaimer "Maybe it's my fault, but..." You knew the "battle" was your fault, but wanted to tell the story anyway and maybe solicit some support. If we did a poll, pretty much everybody has said the same thing...the guy was blowing smoke out of his ass, or was merely ignorant of what "rebuilt" should mean, and that you picked a fight for no good reason. Come on...you realize that...what were you trying to achieve? Don't feel badly about it though...I still do dumbass shit like that all the time! lol-2.gif

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 8 2009, 09:32 AM) *

But is it????
I've dealt with way bigger assholes than I was, in fact I was polite but blunt.
NEVER would I call someone an asshole, I would have let it drop. It's just not professional (he's claiming to be one) and why waste my time.

Not to mention I hate bs.gif

He's clueless, you can't rebuild a engine with core for $1200 and unless you have driven a trans you can't claim it's perfect.

This guy thinks he won, he's all proud of himself, he won the gold in the special Olympics!
biggrin.gif

SLITS
Hey Mark,

Shouldn't you be workin' on that six and just let all this go?

Expending energy for nuthin'.

Oh, still have the 69S P&Cs along with a crank and case. Crank is 10/10 but the bearings are still good (my friend should have never taken it apart).
Mark Henry
Maybe it is, but I also could be just saying that because I'm a Canadian and on a whole we are polite.

were so polite we'll even say things like "sorry, but you seemed to have parked your car on my foot...could please back up just a hair"

dlestep
...remember that the longest sniper shot is held by a Canadian...
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 8 2009, 09:43 AM) *

Hey Mark,

Shouldn't you be workin' on that six and just let all this go?

Expending energy for nuthin'.

Oh, still have the 69S P&Cs along with a crank and case. Crank is 10/10 but the bearings are still good (my friend should have never taken it apart).

I type fast, even if I am all thumbs.
I have the cylinders just need the pistons smile.gif
Dr Evil
Shame on you, Mark. You are picking on a mentally challenged individual and then posting it. Shame....
underthetire
QUOTE(dlestep @ Nov 8 2009, 08:20 AM) *

...remember that the longest sniper shot is held by a Canadian...

Did he say "sorry bout kiling you a" after ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.