Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line parts...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimMartin
I'm trying to find a place that sells a selection of fuel line parts that are suitable for a 914-6 setup. I currently have 3/8"s to the pump, 5/16th's from the pump to the dual carbs. Seems like i'd have to bump it up to 3/8ths all the way to the carbs, but I really don't think i need that much.

What i'd like is to have a decent splitter block on the rear wall of the engine compartment with a pressure gauge and regulator. The pump is under the car, which i'm not really that sure about in itself. Relocating it is a pain and probably not worth it.

Right now i'm not even sure i'm getting good fuel delivery. I got a pressure regulator a ways back and it started leaking all over the place. I tried to buy a better one (from Performance Products) and they sent me the same crap I could have gotten from Kragen.

Maybe i'm overthinking the whole fuel system, but it just seems like it could be done better and i've got all this money that burning a whole in my pocket...

.tim
r_towle
try the sandrail mags
brant
Tim,

why don't you add a guage to the engine bay and make sure you have adequate fuel....

its really the only way to go..

I run a recirculatory system on carbs, with a guage plumbed in... I believe that the recirculatory system helps in that it is always cool fuel entering the carbs.

brant
TimMartin
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 3 2003, 03:22 PM)
Tim,

why don't you add a guage to the engine bay and make sure you have adequate fuel....

its really the only way to go..

I run a recirculatory system on carbs, with a guage plumbed in... I believe that the recirculatory system helps in that it is always cool fuel entering the carbs.

brant

That's what i'm trying to do. I'm trying to find the parts to set up such a system. Splitter blocks, fittings, fuel lines, guages, regulator. What parts are you using? Where did you get them?

.tim
brant
I think I ordered some of the parts through racers....

check one of the race parts outlets...

hoer probably has everything..
racers.

that nebraska circle track outfit, is my little favorite secret because the parts are cheaper....

brant
TimMartin
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 3 2003, 04:04 PM)
hoer probably has everything..
racers.

that nebraska circle track outfit, is my little favorite secret because the parts are cheaper....

Ummm, I am not familiar with these places, do you have URLs, addresses, or phone numbers so that I might be able to find them? I did some google searches but didn't find anything of interest. My intent here was to find things that I was unable to find on my own, so just saying "race parts" doesn't really help.

.tim
Lawrence
No question - no debate. PMO for fuel rails!

They make the sexiest, coolest, most trick setup. Cheap, too, for such incredible work. They only work via fax and regular mail. IMPECCABLE service, and quality product.

Check the back of Pano or Excellence.

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
Tim,

You can buy all the AN fittings at Frey racing in Fremont off of 880.

I forget what pump is in that car.. but that regulator is WORTHLESS. ALL the pumps sold put out the correct pressure without a regulator for our carbs (3.3-3.8) I had this discussion today with another shop owner.. he has a PILE of those crappy chrome things. The FACET pumps put out 3.5... unless you race all the time there is no need for ultra expensive pump.

My .02

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.