Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Annual "What's your Winter Project" thread... UPDATE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
hot_shoe914
I am just planning to driving.gif the post-2-1117899824.gif out of mine. That is if it will ever let me back in it.

Shoe
computers4kids
A picture is worth a thousand words...
johnnie5
icon_bump.gif Thanks for this thread guys! Writing down my list got me motivated to do some projects that have been sitting in the garage for a year or more! beer.gif
spare time toys
Forget everything in this photo. I dont have any of it anymore other than that big grill behind the car. I am going to rebuild it this winter and swap it back from nutural gas to propaine. I dont have a place to hook into the house gas and the land lord will not let me tap into the gas.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?aut...ach&id=2737
6freak
polybronze bushings and new bearings all around
naro914
pictures of my progress so far on Papa Smurf...
So far, scraped all the 'tar' off the floors
cut off/drilled out all the seat tabs on the floor and a bunch of other places.
pulled what feels like 10000 miles of unused wires out

so far, saved about 20 lbs of weight. Got lots more to go. We're down to all the necessary wires. We''re going to run new wires, new connectors, etc. and clean it up a lot, then paint the interior.
carr914
What's Winter? confused24.gif

Here it's Sunshine and Porsaritas everyday

T.C.
johnnie5
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 2 2009, 07:34 PM) *

What's Winter? confused24.gif

Here it's Sunshine and Porsaritas everyday

T.C.

Same here, just not as hot or humid! tongue.gif
johnnie5
icon_bump.gif Did my 19mm master and my sway bar yesterday. My list is almost done! piratenanner.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 11 2009, 08:33 PM) *

A picture is worth a thousand words...

This weekend I will be finished with my Winter project..., yep...15 of them, thank God! Now I can start tinkering with my project again.
IPB Image
naro914
ah, forgot to post final pictures of Papa:

Progress....
naro914
finished...

naro914
and I installed carpet in Huey....pictures soon. He's heading with us to Chattanooga this weekend for Tennessee Region Winterfest.
naro914
updated...got a lot done this winter. Time to take out Papa Smurf this weekend. Huey will most likely be in the shop AGAIN for a while...getting a 'winter upgrade'....to a 3.2 engine!! piratenanner.gif

How's everyone else coming on their projects?
Jakeodoule
Off topic a bit but you did ask....
My winter project has been building a custom sportbike.
Its a Yamaha Vision V Twin I built and raced up and down the west coast.Its been gathering dust in my office for years now so I am converting it to a street bike.

Its 1984 650 Vision Motor in a FZR 400 chassis.
Right now I am installing a GSXR 600 front end and as well as building a custom tail section and pipes.

This is how it look after I built it in the late 80's

Click to view attachment

Now its a work in progress.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Nov 11 2009, 10:18 PM) *

I am just planning to driving.gif the post-2-1117899824.gif out of mine. That is if it will ever let me back in it.

Shoe

well, you made good on that one! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.