Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ed is the the Throttle Body we need?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
I finally had some time to remove the intake from the 411 parts engine I have. Is this the intake and throttle body we need? If so where do I send it?
ejm
It looks like that may be from a car with an auto trans. Will a regular barrel nut fit where the throttle cable attaches? Otherwise it should be the same. Dwayne says the throttle switch is ok so it's only the housing that's needed.
rick 918-S
Yes, It may have been an auto car. I think I'll post in the garage and see if anyone can post a photo of the linkage so maybe I can tell if this one will work or adapt.
rick 918-S
Ed, You are the man! I just went out and looked over that engine. It has an auto flywheel on it. I removed the jesus clip on on the end of the spring and slid the linkage tube off. The pivot pin slides up and out of the throttle body linkage mount leaving a large hole for a barrel nut I think. I'll get another photo with the parts off.
rick 918-S
Update: I posted in the garage. Sean posted a photo that confirmed the linkage connection is all wrong. I did get the gasket off though and it's perfect! Where do I send this?
ejm
Rick - I'll get an address from Dwayne when I talk to him tomorrow. After we talked I went up in the garage and found a throttle body I'll send out. We still need to find the boot from the TB to the air filter.
rick 918-S
Very cool! clap23.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Nov 18 2009, 08:48 PM) *

Rick - I'll get an address from Dwayne when I talk to him tomorrow. After we talked I went up in the garage and found a throttle body I'll send out. We still need to find the boot from the TB to the air filter.

Ed,

Is this the right boot? Now at $17 on greed bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ASS%3AUS%3A1123
Click to view attachment

Here is a picture from my 1.7L - they look the same to me.
Click to view attachment
ejm
Looks like the correct boot. I keep thinking I've got one somewhere, gotta take another look.

Got Dwayne's voicemail today so I'll try him again tomorrow.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 19 2009, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(ejm @ Nov 18 2009, 08:48 PM) *

Ed,

Is this the right boot? Now at $17 on greed bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ASS%3AUS%3A1123
Click to view attachment

Here is a picture from my 1.7L - they look the same to me.
Click to view attachment

That looks right to me. 5 days to go though. 8 bucks shipping.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 19 2009, 09:51 PM) *

That looks right to me. 5 days to go though. 8 bucks shipping.

OK - I have an automatic snipe sitting on it - don't bid against me! I also have a question into the seller (I have bought from him before) making sure it isn't cracked. There is also a console wiring harness - we will need it since we are adding a console.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 21 2009, 05:32 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 19 2009, 09:51 PM) *

question into the seller (I have bought from him before) making sure it isn't cracked. There is also a console wiring harness - we will need it since we are adding a console.

Cool, I will pull the console and get it ready to ship.
tat2dphreak
is she going with stock gauges? if so I may have some, I went with modern gauges... you know with silly things like NUMBERS tongue.gif

ejm
Talked with Dwanye Friday night. He plans to get started on the engine this week. He says to ship the TB and gasket to Mary and he will install them when he brings the engine over.

He mentioned that when the engine was removed that several things had been cut. He remembered the throttle cable (new one on list) and ground strap had been cut and thought there was something else. Hopefully not a wiring harness.

He went on a bit about when the engine is finished he plans to install the engine/trans and fire it up. Doing the install is one thing but the car would need to be fairly along in the assembly process (electrical/fuel) to get the engine running. He could do the install and come back build weekend to fire it up.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Nov 22 2009, 06:15 AM) *

Talked with Dwanye Friday night. He plans to get started on the engine this week. He says to ship the TB and gasket to Mary and he will install them when he brings the engine over.

He mentioned that when the engine was removed that several things had been cut. He remembered the throttle cable (new one on list) and ground strap had been cut and thought there was something else. Hopefully not a wiring harness.

He went on a bit about when the engine is finished he plans to install the engine/trans and fire it up. Doing the install is one thing but the car would need to be fairly along in the assembly process (electrical/fuel) to get the engine running. He could do the install and come back build weekend to fire it up.

Thanks Ed,

You are right - the car will not be wired until the build weekend. The wiring harness is in now place but Mary purchased an Engman fuse panel that will be installed. Mary said that Dwayne was to assess the clutch pressure plate and disk to make sure they were good before he mated the engine/transaxle.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 21 2009, 09:09 PM) *

is she going with stock gauges? if so I may have some, I went with modern gauges... you know with silly things like NUMBERS tongue.gif

Rick - does your console have gauges?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 22 2009, 12:46 PM) *

Yes. I think it's complete and still in the car. Let me get a photo of it. I have to wait until Daylight. It's in my storage garage and the lighting sux.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 22 2009, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 22 2009, 12:46 PM) *

Yes. I think it's complete and still in the car. Let me get a photo of it. I have to wait until Daylight. It's in my storage garage and the lighting sux.

If Mary has the center arm rest - does the console still fit?
tat2dphreak

yep, does in mine anyway.you are talking about the box with the arm-rest hinge, right?

Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 22 2009, 06:40 PM) *

yep, does in mine anyway.you are talking about the box with the arm-rest hinge, right?

Yep - I didn't know if they were a different length with the console - I think they are the same.

I also got this reply from the Pete on the eBay item (TB boot):

Hello Mike, I pulled this boot this am, it is in good used condition, no rips. Regards, Pete

I will make sure we win this (withinreason)...

This is going to be so cool!
rick 918-S
Here's the console. It's very dirty but not damaged. The pad between the seats was stepped on and is dirty but not ripped. I will get it pulled and make sure my partner on this car (Paul Bellefleur Lotus_65) is ok with sending it out. Make sure when you add the console to the parts list lotus_65 gets the credit.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 23 2009, 08:34 AM) *

Here's the console. It's very dirty but not damaged. The pad between the seats was stepped on and is dirty but not ripped. I will get it pulled and make sure my partner on this car (Paul Bellefleur Lotus_65) is ok with sending it out. Make sure when you add the console to the parts list lotus_65 gets the credit.

I think Mary has the center pad at the upholstery shop now - let me check as that may not be needed. It can probably wait for the January recon mission and no need to ship yet.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 23 2009, 06:44 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 23 2009, 08:34 AM) *

I think Mary has the center pad at the upholstery shop now - let me check as that may not be needed. It can probably wait for the January recon mission and no need to ship yet.

Cool, That will work.
Kansas 914

is she going with stock gages? if so I may have some, I went with modern gauges... you know with silly things like NUMBERS tongue.gif

Mary has decided not to add a console - because Lee didn't have and wants to be true to a degree to the way he drove it.

Rick - no need to pull the console - thanks a million though.
rick 918-S
Ok smile.gif
Kansas 914
We won the auction for the throttle body to air cleaner boot. Total shipped was $25 - not a bad deal.
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.