Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: breaks and fuel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So should I need to replace my break fluid the car was seating for a few years, and if so what is the best way to do this.
and same with the gas, I looked inside it looks good no rust is there s special way of doing this? like is the under pressure?
detoxcowboy
did you change your i.d. picture? you should change your brake fluid too, every two years. Brake fluid absorbs moisture out of the air over time. Easy to do there are alot of ways, i use speed bleeders currently because i work at it alone but whatever it takes just pump it out with the pedal and then run a little extra new fluid through before you close the valves.. Gas too, your seeing "no rust" so the gas tank is out? either way drain it and if your concerned about the fuel settled in the lines that run through the tunnel (replace rubber/cloth fuel lines 2, the plastic ones are probably fine) just disconnect the lines as they come out the fire wall just below the engine shelf. You can flush them with either pressure, jack up front of car let it drain, connect a hose you can get too to the return line and or both while you have the tank out and funnel fresh gas through catching it on the other end or just blow it out..
detoxcowboy
almost forgot a must do.. replace the fuel tank screen inside the tanks big nipple feed line,, see link ooh and of course the fuel filter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...#ht_1087wt_1167
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.