Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Ideas for a 16 Year Old?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Chicken @ Nov 17 2009, 03:03 PM) *

guys he is looking for color ideas not parenting instruction....

agree.gif

Sheesh. . . With the overprotective logic I've seen on this thread, it's a wonder ANY of us survived before circa 1994, when airbags became standard equipment. . .

Live in a bubble if it makes you sleep better at night, but when it's your time, it's your time. No piece of equipment is 100% safe when people are involved.

Back to the topic at hand, my vote would be for black interior with purple stitching or piping to set it off. Maybe some purple door panel inserts or striping. Tasteful yet not (too) gaudy IMHO. . .
underthetire
QUOTE(nvrupnvrin @ Nov 18 2009, 12:52 PM) *

I like the okole seat covers but OUCH that's $$ for seat covers, do they fit PERFECT?! and never bunch up or come loose? because you can almost get seats re-upholstered for that...

I wish. I was quoted 700 to have both seats done. it's 500 just for the kit from AA.
tat2dphreak
a local guy got his done for $300+his supplied material(off the internet for <$100) guess it depends on the shop, and how busy they are..
Drums66
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 18 2009, 11:51 AM) *

It's doable:
Click to view attachment

QUOTE(Drums66 @ Nov 18 2009, 02:43 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 18 2009, 10:06 AM) *

It's sooooo hard arguing with this kind of logic. Of course people have gotten killed in large vehicles. That's your rationale? Do you realize that cars have safety factor ratings? Of course defensive driving helps...that's a given. My DD has two wheels. I have yet to die while riding it while folks in Volvos have died...go figure. If this is the argument, I've really gotta stop, because it's nonsensical. The marque really doesn't matter? You're serious?

For your consideration...eliminate the marque factor...a drunken driver runs into you head on (happens here in Maryland all the time...not sure where you live). Which car are you more likely to survive in, a 40 year old 914, or a new Cayman?

I like your logic much better, ken.....keep the lowest horse powered engine in the car,give her the keys and pray about it every now and then!!

BTW...my girl friend was born in Cumberland,in fact her mother and brother still
reside there, how close is that to you? We'll be visiting there soon,maybe we can
hook-up? shades.gif agree.gif

Cooool Ken, that's not very far at all......about a quarter's throw across the
Potomac!!......Probably after the new year, will be in touch.
bye1.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Nov 18 2009, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Chicken @ Nov 17 2009, 03:03 PM) *

guys he is looking for color ideas not parenting instruction....

agree.gif

Sheesh. . . With the overprotective logic I've seen on this thread, it's a wonder ANY of us survived before circa 1994, when airbags became standard equipment. . .

Live in a bubble if it makes you sleep better at night, but when it's your time, it's your time. No piece of equipment is 100% safe when people are involved.

Back to the topic at hand, my vote would be for black interior with purple stitching or piping to set it off. Maybe some purple door panel inserts or striping. Tasteful yet not (too) gaudy IMHO. . .

Ahhh...yep,

Is a VW golf safer than a 914?
Doesn't matter I get the nice 914, my kid will get an old VW POS just like I got.
ConeDodger
Send your seats off to Morph and have him redo them with stock bolsters and purple paisley back and bottom.

More damned nannies here than the gubmint! Airbag is no substitute for parenting...
6freak

but at least it will be behind the wheel of a 1972 914 1.7l!!!

WTF.gif Bad move very bad move..with all the safety features built into today`s cars and your gonna stick her in a car with none ..... she WILL wreck her first car !you would think you would like to have some air bags and such, side curtains...A.B.S .. crumple zones ...Kia `s are cheap and loaded with safety features ...all do respect Sr .if you put her in a 914 your a fool... I know you love your little girl so put her in a safe car....JMO
rebelmdot
Please do not offer me any more parenting advice. You know nothing of me, you know nothing of my child, you know nothing of the car, additional safety features being installed, nor where or how the car will be driven. I appreciate everyone's concern, but if you have nothing to say regarding interior, MOVE ON!

headbang.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Nov 18 2009, 07:43 PM) *

Please do not offer me any more parenting advice. You know nothing of me, you know nothing of my child, you know nothing of the car, additional safety features being installed, nor where or how the car will be driven. I appreciate everyone's concern, but if you have nothing to say regarding interior, MOVE ON!

headbang.gif

Now you've done it. Gone and pissed him off! poke.gif slap.gif
sean_v8_914
say goodbye to that 914. i believe a kid's first car should be a throw away cookie cut turd...pre-dented. the insurance companies know this. anyone who thinks their kid is any different is in denial. the numbers dont lie. 914s are, however, fairly safe in a crash. they have a large front and rear crumple zone that absorbs energy from teh impact effectively protecting it's ocupants. a bigger cra is not allways safer, this is a myth. think inertia and energy transfer.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 18 2009, 08:09 PM) *

say goodbye to that 914.

WTF.gif

I didn't wreck my first car. Nor my second or third. In fact, i never wrecked a car in 30+ years of driving.

You guys need to chill out ...
screwy.gif Andy
sean_v8_914
the best thing about black is that you can accesorize with just about any acsent color and it will look good. What is her favorite color? what things does she like? maybe a theme could be developed based on something he digs. you can go black with teh accent colored center seat panel or a pattern material and tie in teh pattern colors with some vynil graphics. Beige looks great in a black car but might be to old fart for a young girl. I have been thinking emerald green with charcoal in a black car with green side script woujld look hot.

oops...just read that parenting bit...I know nothing about parenting. I know nothing about your child or children in general. I do know alot about the laws of physics and insurance co extensive data collections. I know that math science and data can be used to accurately predict the outcome of a given scenario. these are tools in teh business of risk management.

Todd Enlund
Purple vinyl on the dash to replace the basketweave would be fairly simple and fairly reversible.
kenshapiro2002
Individual stories are pretty worthless in his area. Statistics are not. Ever wonder why the rates on a 16 year old are through the roof? You might live in the 'hood down here in Bawlmer, and never get your car vandalized or stolen...still doesn't help your rates. Age, geography and yes...vehicle are all factors. Try to insure a 16 year old, in the wrong zip code with a Subaru WRX! lol-2.gif

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 18 2009, 11:22 PM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 18 2009, 08:09 PM) *

say goodbye to that 914.

WTF.gif

I didn't wreck my first car. Nor my second or third. In fact, i never wrecked a car in 30+ years of driving.

You guys need to chill out ...
screwy.gif Andy

jimkelly
i would lean to a used civic or accord as a new drivers daily safe reliable driver - and 914 for some weekend fun. also black is the worst color for others drivers to see you. roads without shoulders are the worst, extra caution required.
sean_v8_914
I hope Christian still reads this. we are all so opinionated 'round here.

I also kinda like the ricer look where they do black wheels with a color stripe around the outer rim. that color could be the theme color for teh interior. the VW show car sites woujld be a good place for ideas, those guys get really creative and many are colorful yet tastefull. I like where they combine textures and colors. I dig that thing where they use thin foam under teh cloth where the foam has a design carved into it like a chevy bow tie or a VW logo or in her case the Porsche crest. that would be a nice detail on teh head liner. I have also seen indented flames. 914 door panels are so blah so a design with a splash of color would be cool and it flashes at people when she opens the door. her friends would see that her car is specially crafted for her as she enters or exits teh car. she would be reminded of your thoughts every time she opens the door. I would call that the bling-flash. now that I got over the parenting intrusion, the brain storming is kinda fun

the stats should all be based on you Andy because you are teh most normal regular guy I have ever met. you look so much like a regular guy, you're tough to spot in a crowd. I have never wrecked any of my cars but does this position me somehow as a statistical average? (@ track dont count)
SirAndy
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 19 2009, 06:57 AM) *

I have never wrecked any of my cars but does this position me somehow as a statistical average?

Where did i say i was average? biggrin.gif

But you guys are talking like his daughter is already dead (or worse) and the car totaled. screwy.gif
kenshapiro2002
Hey...I thought he was elevating you with that remark! lol-2.gif

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 19 2009, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 19 2009, 06:57 AM) *

I have never wrecked any of my cars but does this position me somehow as a statistical average?

Where did i say i was average? biggrin.gif

But you guys are talking like his daughter is already dead (or worse) and the car totaled. screwy.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 19 2009, 10:32 AM) *

Hey...I thought he was elevating you with that remark! lol-2.gif

In your world, that might be true. In my world, "average" is not in the UP direction ...

shades.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
it's like when people say they are going to "take it to the next level"... that's not always UP
morph
true the "next level" usally is down not up lmao
james
McMark
Leave the door panels and backpad black, and add purple accents (seats, dash vinyl). Swapping in a spare set of seats takes 15 minutes.

Or go all out and get it all purple. It's your car and it's your daughter. So you get to be in charge. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.