Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question: Plastic clips for fuel lines in engine compartment, etc.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
x98boardwell
I am looking for the rubber angled grommets that are found under the battery tray of a 914 which hold the fuel lines steady and from cutting themselves on the metal as they pass through the sub-frame on there way up to meet with the fuel lines that supply the injectors.

Are they still available?
If not, what do you/I use now?

Also, can we still buy the plastic clips which snap into the firewall and hold the fuel lines as well? Mine are white/clear plastic and are very brittle...

I own a 75 914 2.0

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
SirAndy
Last time i checked the rubber grommets were still available from Porsche ...

bye1.gif Andy
x98boardwell
Andy,

Any idea on part number? I searched all over and could not find it.

Any help on those plastic clips?

Thanks,
Bryan
SirAndy
You can download the latest parts catalog as a PDF from Porsche Classics:
http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/

The grommets in the engine comp. are #111.957.861
The grommet at the front firewall is # 914.356.543.00

shades.gif Andy
Cevan
It's the same as a VW part. You can get them here for $2.00. These are also used for the brake lines from the brake reservior.

Click to view attachment
PlaysWithCars
Are these the same part for the fuel lines through the front bulkhead under the gas tank?

Never mind just re-read Sir Andy's post.
bdstone914
QUOTE(x98boardwell @ Nov 20 2009, 05:18 PM) *

Andy,

Any idea on part number? I searched all over and could not find it.

Any help on those plastic clips?

Thanks,
Bryan

Give me a call tomorrow and I will look on a parts car that to see if I have good ones there.

Bruce
Dave_Darling
Rats, I looked in the catalog and couldn't find them... Thanks for the part number, Opa Andy!

--DD
x98boardwell
Guys, thanks for all the help. I looked all over Pelican and could not find them either. Is the rubber grommet that was pictured above also the same outer diameter to fit into the longitudinal in the engine bay. Just making sure before I purchase a few. They seem to be more readily available than the genuine Porsche ones.

Thanks again!

Bryan
x98boardwell
Here is a picture of the plastic clip.

tod914
Plastic clips NLA
type47
I found alot of 914 rubber parts in West Coast Metric
914Sixer
It is the same as the VW Speedometer grommet used on Beetles. On the 914 it is for the front master cylinder lines from the plastic reservoir and the engine compartment fuel line grommet.
x98boardwell
Guys, I'm still looking for a suitable plastic clip in the picture above to hold the fuel lines. If anyone has a comparable option that they have used feel free to let me know. I am stuck with this one and need some help

Thanks for all the help on the grommetts.. They arrived yesterday and look great.

Bryan
Geezer914
Try looking for a spark plug wire loom that attaches to the valve cover. you may have to cut it down from 4 to 2. Why are you still using plastic fuel lines????
x98boardwell
Good question. I will address that in a minute. The key is that the clip will also fit in the hole that is already in the metal so they will be in the same location. Does the spark plug wire holders have the same size plug which holds the clip to the metal? If so, then that could work.

Regarding the plastic fuel lines.. mine are still pliable and seem to be in good condition. All of the old cloth style lines in the engine compartment have been replaced but I figure why change them if they look good on inspection and are still pliable and flexible?? Also, how much time is invloved in changing the lines in the engine compartment and the tunnel?

Thanks,
Bryan

Geezer914
West Coast Metric has the spark plug wire looms you are looking for. As far as the plastic fuel lines, I don't care how good they look, they are 30 plus years old! The first thing I did was replace them with stainless lines just for piece of mind. I didn't want all my hard work to end up looking like a burnt offering.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.