Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brain test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
I was working on putting new gas lines and I notice that my brain was full of old white powder (battery stuff) are they bullet prof or sensitive? and how can I check if it works?
McMark
You can shop on eBay for a tester. There were a few companies that build crude testers for them. More info should be available on Brad Anders site.
Elliot Cannon
NOT a good idea to run gas lines through your brain. lol-2.gif
tod914
Pelican rents them I believe... not brains, the testers to see if yours still functions tongue.gif Places like Pelican and Performance Products also see rebuilt ones. Not sure about Pelican, but PP you'll get a year waranty and a 15% PCA discount if that helps.
tradisrad
What ever you do don't go probing around with a mulit-meter.
The "brain" is robust and failure is low. The best bet is to clean it up and put it back in the car and see if it works! If you want to test you components now is the time. Probe them with your mulit-meter from the "brain" harness. You can check the resistance of your injectors, CHT and other components. You can find "how to"s online. But dont probe the brain.
oldschool
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 24 2009, 06:16 AM) *

The "brain" is robust and failure is low. The best bet is to clean it up and put it back in the car and see if it works! If you want to test you components now is the time. Probe them with your mulit-meter from the "brain" harness. You can check the resistance of your injectors, CHT and other components. You can find "how to"s online. But dont probe the brain.

now are the brains unique to each car.I have a 2nd 914 same year and same power plant. idea.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 24 2009, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 24 2009, 06:16 AM) *

now are the brains unique to each car.I have a 2nd 914 same year and same power plant. idea.gif

Should be the same. The "brain" is just logic TTL comparison circuits, no memory involved like a new computer. They are pretty solid unless you see traces gone or components burnt.
r_towle
I have the Bosch tester ......you pay shipping both ways...use it till your done.

Rich
championgt1
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 24 2009, 05:26 PM) *

I have the Bosch tester ......you pay shipping both ways...use it till your done.

Rich

Can't beat that! beerchug.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 24 2009, 05:26 PM) *

Rich

very cool, how does it work? does my car need to be running screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.