Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 Water Pump Belt Woes, V8 GUYS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
I have the engine installed and have already fired it up, just need to get the shifting perfect before driving, Issue.

The shift rod coming out of the car, connects to the modified shift rod, but is above the water pump belt and is pushing on it when moving through gears. I have thought of several option to rig it to work, but does any one have any ideas, as to resolve this issue? or has any one had this issue, with the shift rod Above the WP belt?

Thanks
jmmotorsports
On my car the belt is just above the shift coupler. It is all Renegade parts. Are you sure the bracket holding the pump is mounted correctly?

Jerry
Dr. Roger
which motor mounts, water pump bracket, and cross bar are you using? Not Renegade, I'm guessing.

got a pic?
wallys914
All renegade, parts, mount is mounted correctly and i am using 911 sport mounts
Dr. Roger
the 911 sport mounts need to be removed as they lower the front of the engine. i did the same thing. renegades motor mounts are rubber shock insulated and that's all you need. no sport mounts on the front of the engine mounts.
wallys914
Any one got a pic of the reengade ones?
Dr. Roger
CORRECT REAR MOUNTS

IPB Image

INCORRECT FRONT MOUNT....

IPB Image

jmill
Damn, that's alot of motor held in by 2 bolts. blink.gif
Dr. Roger
using the pic above as a reference point, i removed the sport mount, bolted a stock 914 back plate into the body (above the large hole in the body), and bolted the cross bar to that. clear as mud, right? =)

renegades systems have handled twice the HP and lots more weight using this system. I'm not worrying about a thing.

i'll be back home later and, if no one's posted a pic, will snap a few pics and post.
marks914
I did the same thing. Not knowing and not having any directions, I cut the legs on the bar and used solid mounts.
Mark
wallys914
thanks guys, I just flipped the Sport mounts over and used the normal motor mount cap, seemed to resolve the issues, Thanks Again guys.
computers4kids
correct per Renegade
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.