Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans Dripping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Here's a pix of a weeks worth of drips from the rear of the tranny. It's a slick about 12" x 8" At this rate, how often should I top off? Is resealing the rear an easy, medium, or hard task for the average goofball 914 mechanic?
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll and a Merry Christmas Season! Bill
SirAndy
Where is it coming from? confused24.gif
Spoke
When mine leaked like that, it was the seal around the speedo cable angle drive.

If you're worried about losing oil, top off the tranny every now and then.
Dr Evil
Most often the O-ring on the speedo. I stock these for cheap. Easy to replace.
orange914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 27 2009, 12:09 PM) *

Most often the O-ring on the speedo. I stock these for cheap. Easy to replace.

thats next on the 73, maybe someone can do a write up to the "tech articles" on it beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
I think you are correct. It is an easy fix unless the bore is gouged. Then you need to fix it. I can show how.
bandjoey
OK.It's leaking at the speedo. Also, the base of the mount is wobbly...I can push it back in forth on the shaft. Is this normal or is the drive worn out?
Dr. I will need the seal and instructions. I'm PMing later today to get that.
Thanks Bill
jt914-6
Bill. I think the major problem with the leak is the TEXAS licence plate...... biggrin.gif
bandjoey
If it were just the Texas plates, we'd have already sealed up that hole! Like this one.
September 27 2008, Arkansas at Texas - L 52-10

Too bad the schedule was changed for Arkansas to play TCU in 2012...instead of 2009...What a game that would have been!

JT, I'll mail you a set of Gosh Durn Big Awful Blasted Texas plates when you come down here, so we cowboys won't hurt you'all'ens. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Bill

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.