Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cookie cutters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Nürburg Nomad
Mmmmmmm 15x7 cookies! drooley.gif

Sometimes I hide my cookies in the garage in favor of the incrementally lighter Fuchs, but I like both wheel styles equally! biggrin.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jun 28 2010, 02:20 PM) *
So, I am looking for two more Cookie Cutters. On the other board, I learned that there are different ones; 911 and 944's. Are there certain ones that only work on 914's? IF So, what is the part #'s? The two I have start with 911 #'s and were cast in '73. Thanks!!!
-Mark

I recently picked up a set of 6" cookies but when they showed up they were 2 diff. versions.
1st pair had a machined edge the other pair had completely flat lip. Both had the same part # 911.361.023.44 confused24.gif
sixnotfour
beer3.gif blast em and paint em or buy 2 more of your preference..
it seems like the early ones where full paint and around the 944era they got a brite lip,,like a diamond, with clear coat or 73 -77 has a ridge

take em to the wheel place across from eurotech. they can cnc em all to be fresh cut shiny
sixnotfour
sawzall-smiley.gif poke.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 30 2009, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 12:36 PM) *

Sure they do wink.gif

IPB Image

kind of a cool wheel but I myself would not call those Cookie cutters

agree.gif they're not cookies, those are Audi "lockwasher" 14 x6" rims with the small 4 bolt pattern. Teenhulk has them on his '82 Audi coupe.

IPB Image

The wife's '72 has cookies. I have an extra set of fuchs, but if I put them on it will be harder to tell the twins apart.

IPB Image
gms
I am doing up a set, black powder coated center, machine finished rim

Click to view attachment
gms
did a set in semi-gloss black

Click to view attachment
1970-1914
I really like them in black or metallic dark grey

Click to view attachment

914werke
Glen are you turning them to clean them up or remove the small outer lip?
& do I understand that the diff versions also require diff. caps?
914werke
QUOTE(1970-1914 @ Jun 20 2019, 09:29 PM) *
I really like them in black or metallic dark grey
agree.gif
falcor75
IPB Image

Mine were silver with a black center. I've done a vintage gold plastidip center on them for now. Will eventually have them blasted and painted in the same way.
gms
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 20 2019, 11:40 PM) *

Glenn are you turning them to clean them up or remove the small outer lip?
& do I understand that the diff versions also require diff. caps?

This style was originally machine finished so I was restoring them to factory finish for a 944 owner.
Unobtanium-inc
Only cookie picture I could find.
yeahmag
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
73-914
My Cookies
sb914
I tossed my cookies!
sixnotfour
latest modern adaptation of a classic Porsche design by DynamicSpeed AutomobilDesign. The Cookie Cutter never looked so good. The forged DS5.5 CC is available in following sizes:
7,0 x 17 - 15,0 x 17
7,0 x 18 - 15,0 x 18
7,5 x 19 - 15,0 x 19
8,5 x 20 - 15,0 x 20
9,0 x 21 - 15,0 x 21
9,0 x 22 - 15,0 x 22
73-914
I Like them
1970-1914
Those are fantastic - especially the wider they get the better the centres look!

Maltese Falcon
Streets of Willow Springs driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
Mine when it had cookies
ManuFromParis
Are all wheels from these pictures 6" or 7" ?

I thought the 7" ET23 were a bit tight within the fender on the rear axle ?
mepstein
QUOTE(ManuFromParis @ Feb 1 2021, 04:47 PM) *

Are all wheels from these pictures 6" or 7" ?

I thought the 7" ET23 were a bit tight within the fender on the rear axle ?

6" fit a stock car. 7' don't or need some sort of work to the fender to fit. Same with Fuchs.
Unobtanium-inc
Are they worth more than the other ones?
infraredcalvin
Gold powder coat (dirty)

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
i have a question for the cookie crew!!
is the back set and off set the same as on the the 15” x 6 and 15”x7” fuchs? or my current 16” set of 6” and 7”, which i want to keep for street i want to get a aero of cookies for A/X, but need to make sure fit is ok. in rear i have 7”x16” on rear with 205/55’s , they fit, i have more room than most narrow body cars in rear.
Olympic 914
Here's mine with cookies lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

At Hershey a woman was walking by my car with a box of chocolate chip cookies, Dropped the box and these rolled under my car.....

CCE
QUOTE(okkie @ Nov 29 2009, 01:14 AM) *

Why don't we see more 914's with cookie cutters installed? Show us some photos please!
Okkie

According to the chart I found (somewhere) here @914world . I see 15” x 7” will be closer to the fender but read that everyone is saying they will need to stretch the rear Fenders to fit 7” in the rears. Maybe the chart is only for the front wheel and did not see well.
Click to view attachment

I know it’s a fairly old topic, but for us new owners it’s money saving material. beerchug.gif

I found a set on eBay from autoAtlanta, and really appreciate some feedback on fit from all of you literate guys… I will hate to bend my wheel arches after 50 years of preservation. If it will affect the look of the fender.

Click to view attachment
I Really need fo fix my cars wheel fitment

Thanks for your comments.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 1 2021, 08:34 PM) *

Wth is that?
Did you toss all those wheels?
infraredcalvin
@CCE That chart above is for Fuchs, not cookies..hence the Fuchs part number to the right…

Yes the 7” cookie gets the tire close to the fender on the rear, Ive seen people only able to fit a 185 tire with 7” cookies on the rear. 6” cookies give you a bit more room. I had the rear fenders stretched on my car to fit 225s on 7” cookies, see post 75 above.

Also cookies are pretty cheap and plentiful, you can get a decent set for less than half that AA price, check the bird board. Get a set that needs refurb even less, shoot I’ve got some I need to get rid of…
mepstein
I have 6x15 cookies with 205/60/15 tires on a stock, narrow body car. Fit is perfect. 7’s would be too wide on my car unless I went with narrow tires but that would look silly.
mskala
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Mar 12 2023, 08:16 PM) *

@CCE That chart above is for Fuchs, not cookies..hence the Fuchs part number to the right…

It doesn't matter as 6x15 and 7x15 cookie cutters match the offsets of the 6x15 and 7x15 Fuchs.

CCE
QUOTE(mskala @ Mar 12 2023, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Mar 12 2023, 08:16 PM) *

It doesn't matter as 6x15 and 7x15 cookie cutters match the offsets of the 6x15 and 7x15 Fuchs.

Thanks
VaccaRabite
I got a set of cookies years ago (I think from Kevin) that I'm planning to use on my car when I go 5 lug. But its been so long I don't remember what size they are. I bet they are 7s.

I also have fender flares that I can weld on one day. You know, way later then now. When the bus is done, and maybe the dune bug too. Then I can weld flares and re-paint the 914. It will be a whole different car!

Zach
Jamie
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Feb 2 2021, 05:05 PM) *

Here's mine with cookies lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

At Hershey a woman was walking by my car with a box of chocolate chip cookies, Dropped the box and these rolled under my car.....

You mean she dropped her cookies while checking out your cookies? confused24.gif
CCE
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 8 2023, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 1 2021, 08:34 PM) *

Wth is that?
Did you toss all those wheels?

One of those beautiful third world problems, my original set was stolen, from the refurbishing shop. The person who was going to fix and paint them had a better idea for the use of my wheels, and just told me he lost them, so I had to buy a set of VW beetle rollers meanwhile, nice isn’t it.

A friend told me it was my fault confused24.gif , I should of just give them 2 first… chair.gif

Here an image of my “now lost” original set. (I kept the center caps)

Click to view attachment
Nate W
Click to view attachment
Engine isn’t in car yet for weight, not sure these 7s are going to work out. Thinking of trying lower profile tires or possibly removing rear camber adjustment plates to make them fit. Click to view attachment
Literati914
QUOTE(CCE @ May 23 2023, 03:07 PM) *

Unless you need the extra tire for HP reasons -you should seriously just do this ^ again, IMHO first.gif

gnomefabtech
I love those wheels too. Anyone know how much they weigh? I'm guessing they are about the same as Fuchs?

I'm looking for a set of 15x7 for my 73 right now.
MedFly914
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 22 2019, 10:32 PM) *

burton73
---On the bird---
Craig's right, 7x15 cookie cutters weigh essentially the same as 7x15 Fuchs. The cast wheel is not as strong as the Fuchs, but stronger than most other cast wheels on the road - it was made by ATE and had to pass much stronger German industry tests (TUV).

So that is it, I know that cast is not as strong and some finishes are not as good on cast material but they seem like they a very good wheels

Best Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.