Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 World MVP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SLITS
Somebody has been watching to much Fooseball.

Accolades, between friends, are not needed. We are all pretty well aware of who had done what and when as most of it is posted anyway.
iamchappy
I am starting to agree with the comments in regards to maybe this isn't such a good idea. The recipients of an award like this are already recognized by us with there acts of good will and dont need the accolades, and aren't looking for them.

Edit... (dont need the accolades), Thats not right, we should give them freely because they do deserve them........
tat2dphreak
I agree. this sounded good, but as it goes on, it doesn't seem like it smile.gif I think the MVPs know who they are, mostly and I hope they all feel appreciated for their contributions.

like I said I could name a dozen with very little thought that are deserving, and probably double that if I think about it biggrin.gif
ericread
If this doesn't go forward, I will again be hosting the 2nd Annual 2009 914World Welder of the Year Award in January.

====================
As long as there are neat old cars made out of metal and poor boys and rich boys there will be good welders/fabricators to fill the need. The outstanding ones are the ones with good imagination and the ability to do really clean precise work. Just replacing a metal piece with good skills is good but making it last forever from the inside out is a lot better. I like the ideas about conditioning/treating the inside of all the enclosed hidden areas so the rust bug doesn't surprise you a couple of years after a two year restoration.
(Above stolen directly from "charliew", who said it much better than I ever could...)

To continue...
This award is to acknowledge the creativity and expertise that was shared with all of us in one of more threads during the 2009 year.
====================

The 2009 Welder of the Year Nominations will begin in January of 2010!

Eric
kenshapiro2002
Is there a "Welder of the Year" candidate near Baltimore? I'm desperate!!!

QUOTE(ericread @ Dec 2 2009, 12:23 PM) *

If this doesn't go forward, I will again be hosting the 2nd Annual 2009 914World Welder of the Year Award in January.

====================
As long as there are neat old cars made out of metal and poor boys and rich boys there will be good welders/fabricators to fill the need. The outstanding ones are the ones with good imagination and the ability to do really clean precise work. Just replacing a metal piece with good skills is good but making it last forever from the inside out is a lot better. I like the ideas about conditioning/treating the inside of all the enclosed hidden areas so the rust bug doesn't surprise you a couple of years after a two year restoration.
(Above stolen directly from "charliew", who said it much better than I ever could...)

To continue...
This award is to acknowledge the creativity and expertise that was shared with all of us in one of more threads during the 2009 year.
====================

The 2009 Welder of the Year Nominations will begin in January of 2010!

Eric

Dr Evil
I am flattered for the nomination, and agree that Andy is worthy as well.

I am seeing that there are potential issues with this as well. Mark's post brings up some good points.

How a bout a compromise; a day/week set aside, like Thanksgiving, that is intended for those who feel thankful to PM those they wish to thank confused24.gif

I agree, I dont do things for the praise. I do them because I selfishly enjoy helping people smile.gif I am always surprised by any gratitude or praise, oddly enough. I know you all have your hearts in the right place wub.gif That is why I love this place so much and wish to help it survive and grow. thumb3d.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:27 AM) *

Is there a "Welder of the Year" candidate near Baltimore? I'm desperate!!!

I have a bunch of friends in Baltimore and one of them is a car guy. He's British, so he should know a thing or two about rust.

I'll give him a call right now ...
call me.gif Andy
kenshapiro2002
Thanks...I'd like to nominate you for.....
SirAndy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:39 AM) *

I'd like to nominate you for.....

"Best mean spirited know-it-all jagoff" ??? biggrin.gif

I talked to Sab and he says the best guy for the job is his friend Bill, so here Yugo:

Custom Color Shack Collision Repair
515 W 29th Street
Baltimore, MD 21211-2916
Tel: 410.235.5095
Web: http://www.customcolorshack.com/

Ask for Bill and tell him that Sab Grey and Amoy gave you his contact info.
bye1.gif Andy
Dr Evil
Dude, it that the Sab who wrote the skinhead book?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 2 2009, 10:05 AM) *

Yepp, that's him ... aktion035.gif
kenshapiro2002
No...reserving that for Rick. lol-2.gif

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2009, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:39 AM) *

I'd like to nominate you for.....

I talked to Sab and he says the best guy for the job is his friend Bill, so here Yugo:

Custom Color Shack Collision Repair
515 W 29th Street
Baltimore, MD 21211-2916
Tel: 410.235.5095
Web: http://www.customcolorshack.com/

Ask for Bill and tell him that Sab Grey and Amoy gave you his contact info.
bye1.gif Andy

kenshapiro2002
Nice...give the jew a nazi referral. aktion035.gif

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 2 2009, 01:05 PM) *

IronHillRestorations
I'd nominate Alex Buller, who started the Porsche 914 Club back in '93, from which much of this has grown.
SirAndy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 2 2009, 11:08 AM) *

Nice...give the jew a nazi referral. aktion035.gif

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 2 2009, 01:05 PM) *

Huh? Me thinks you don't know much about Skinheads. Or Sab for that matter. dry.gif

No Nazi's among my friends ...
mad.gif Andy
Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2009, 10:57 AM) *

You really like that dontchya? laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 2 2009, 03:58 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2009, 10:57 AM) *

You really like that dontchya? laugh.gif

thumb3d.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.