Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picture worth a thousand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
I have the diagrams from pelican for the various hose routings. However it would be very helpful if one of you engine builders would be so kind as to post a few pics of just how things go. I may be missing the odd rubber dodad or 90 deg.this and that. The IPL leaves a lot to be desired. It is a 1974 2.0. TIA
F4i
Oh, I almost forgot. My dizzy has two vacume fittings. The throttle body has two as well but one has been plugged (braised) I believe the plugged one is for retard. Should I clear it , leave it and plug the dizzy, or leave it and not plug the dizzy ( allowing diaphragm travel). Thanks again!
rick 918-S
can't help but I can bump.
John
What the heck is a dizzy? I don't believe that dizzy is the technical term for distributor. That sounds like a brittish thing..... Perhaps MG's have dizzys? Maybe that is one of the problems with keeping them running.....

You need the 90degree elbow as I believe it also has a smaller nipple with a smaller line attached there. You may be able to fabricate something that works if you can't find the parts. I thought the diagrams were quite self explanatory. There is even a color coded example (I believe) at the Pelican site.
Bleyseng
Is this what you want?
markb
*sigh* I wish my motor was that clean...... sad.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, thats a pic of Jeff Bowlsby LE engine laugh.gif
tracks914
Nice picture, anyone have one of those for a 1.7? Not that I need it yet but.........would be nice to have on file.
F4i
Rich,thanks for the bump.
Bleyseng that's perfect. Thanks! I bought the motor as a long block. The other parts I have collected from
a 1.7 and from other people. The pelican site shows the AAR facing the opposite direction of how it
actually mounts. The diagram is functional however I was just wondering about routing. Dizzy has and
probably always will be slang for distributor. I am not a typist so anything shorter makes life easy.
Johnman LUCAS is the problem with keeping them running.
Anybody care to comment on the dizzy? (helpfull comments)
Dave_Darling
The advance fitting points away from the distributor body; the retard points back toward the distributor body.

The advance fitting on the throttle body points toward the distributor; the retard one points back away from the distributor.

If your retard fitting on the TB is plugged closed, it's not a bad idea to open it back up again. You may have to fiddle with the idle speed if you do so.

--DD
Bruce Allert
WOW! thanks for doing the post Dylan and thanks Geoff for posting the pic. I'll be needing that pic tomorrow when I (I hope) get the 2.0 installed!

Dizzy is an easier way to say/write distributor & that's what I have heard & used since coming into the 914 world.

........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.