Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 1.8 garage find won't start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
davesprinkle
Good job tracking down and fixing that problem. Excellent debug work and great perseverance. Congratulations.

I agree about replacing the relay. You should also consider replacing the resistor pack. That's the next thing to fail.

Or maybe your rubber elbow will crack...
computers4kids
and, believe it or not, the seal under the oil fill cap. This one is and often under noticed area for a vaccum leak.

Congrats on getting your car going. So your problem was the same as mine, a bad relay on the relay board. Hats off to you for fixing it...I just threw it aside and popped in another.
jhelgesen
I have a new relay on order, along with a handfull of tune up parts. I'll put the old relay on the trophey wall. Just wanted to nail down the fix.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Dec 20 2009, 10:55 PM) *

So your problem was the same as mine, a bad relay on the relay board. Hats off to you for fixing it...I just threw it aside and popped in another.

Actually, the relays on the relay board are not necessary for the L-Jet system. We are talking about the double relay mounted to the battery tray support.

Not as easy to get as the round relays on the relay board.
computers4kids
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 21 2009, 05:47 AM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Dec 20 2009, 10:55 PM) *

So your problem was the same as mine, a bad relay on the relay board. Hats off to you for fixing it...I just threw it aside and popped in another.

Actually, the relays on the relay board are not necessary for the L-Jet system. We are talking about the double relay mounted to the battery tray support.

Not as easy to get as the round relays on the relay board.

Clay you are correct...WOW, even more amazing fixing the double relay...just saw the picture.

Yes...build a tropy stand for the repaired one once you replace it. biggrin.gif
jhelgesen
This afternoon, we opened the garage door, started the yellow car and backed her out. After a little warming and seat adjusting, we set out around the block. Shifts were smooth but sloppy, new bushings are in order. Brakes are squishy, pads, soft lines, and fluid are going to be done this week.

Accelerating over 3500 got a miss or sluggishness. either a tune up needed, or a sticky distributor.

Smell of oil was strong after the drive, will probably take a few more trips to burn off the 15 years of sitting.

Not much more needed and she'll be ready....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.