Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Truck bed liner in the interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I saw some pics of Jon's interior done with truck bed liner.

I have another project that I want to used bed liner in the interior.

For those that have worked with it:

1) Did you use the herculiner or equivalent product? How were the results?

2) Did you use a two-part liner system? How much was it? Did you like the results?

There's a local shop that will mix up the 2 part line for me for ~$80/gallon with activator. They can make different colors, which is cool too. I don't need that much, but likely at least 1/2 gallon.

Or, I can buy the herculiner stuff and use that. They have a kit for $99 at FLAPS.

I plan to roll it on. Any tips on what kind of roller to use?

Thanks in advance.

SirAndy
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 13 2009, 10:42 PM) *

I want to used bed liner in the interior

Why? confused24.gif
KaptKaos
1 ) the carpets were shot.

B ) The clutch master cylinder leaked fluid into the driver's footwell, necessitating a thorough cleaning. The the sound deadening and the seam sealer that was in there all had to come out. Brake fluid is nasty stuff.

c ) it's a for fun project. it's a '65 Volvo 122 Station Wagon. So the kids will bouncing in and out. Liner is tough and it should be easy to clean.

4 ) Worst comes to worst, I can put carpets back in over it.
McMark
it should be easy to clean.

Like cleaning sandpaper. All those tiny nooks and crannies to trap dirt, gum, soda, etc. Would you rather clean stucco or granite... wink.gif

But in the spirit of being helpful, all I can say is to recommend trolling some truck/landrover sites. Those guys use it all the time and would have many more stories to learn from.

My guess is that any of the systems will work well enough for what you're looking for. And like most paint type products, it's all about the proper prep work (cleaning, degreasing, etc).
Mark Henry
I've thought about using it on my valances and rockers, but I never did.

I use Nason (DuPont) fleet black urethane on chassis parts, stuff is real tough paint. I often use a brush and just the cheapest no-name hardener.
VaccaRabite
Lots of truck guys use it, and I am thinking about it for my truck when I finally get around to restoring it.

it is very tough, and the truck guys like to be able to literally hose out their interior of their rigs after mudding or serious "doors off" green laneing. But, for a car that won't be getting the hose treatment, I don't think it would be ideal. it is pretty rough stuff, and could chaff ankles, legs, or feet while driving if there was any contact. It would also make short work of pants if you like to rest a leg against a treated surface while driving. Trucks usually have bigger cabs then cars, so this is not a problem.

Zach
Elliot Cannon
I used it on my front valance/spoiler. This was taken just before I cleaned it and it cleaned up surprisingly well although I don't think I would use it as an interior.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.