Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse lockout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
Has anybody ever figured a way to put a reverse lockout on a stock shifter? I know people have put in a heavier spring.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Dec 18 2009, 07:52 AM) *

Has anybody ever figured a way to put a reverse lockout on a stock shifter? I know people have put in a heavier spring.

no need to install one except for the stock plate pins and springs. When the shifter bushings are good, the shifter is in adjustment and the set screws are tight the shifter works perfectly and you will not grind into reverse when shifting.
computers4kids
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Dec 18 2009, 06:52 AM) *

When I was running a stock shifter in my v8914 I asked the same question without any luck. I went ahead and adjusted my linkage where R/1 was further to the right and took a deliberate push over to get it in. Then of course, I don't use 1st so it was no big deal. I finally went to a Renshift with the lockout.

My other 914's stock shifter has a lockout. biggrin.gif
904svo
Heres how I did it.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Drums66
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 18 2009, 06:57 AM) *

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Dec 18 2009, 07:52 AM) *

no need to install one except for the stock plate pins and springs. When the shifter bushings are good, the shifter is in adjustment and the set screws are tight the shifter works perfectly and you will not grind into reverse when shifting.

Exactly what he said!! idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
carr914
Buy a RennShifter
McMark
QUOTE(904svo @ Dec 18 2009, 07:56 AM) *
Heres how I did it.
Brilliant! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Al Meredith
Two years ago at the "Renfest" in Daytona I noticed that almost all the Old 914 racers had a lock out. Most were a simple drop down bolt/ wire .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.