Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-jet vs D-jet injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhelgesen
Trying to get my barn find 75 1.8l running and working on my FI education.

Looking at the specs on fuel injectors has me confused, L v D jet.

From what I'm reading, I can't use D-jet injectors with L-jet system.

I currently have a mismatched set of injectors in the car, 3 from a 912e and 1 from the original 1.8.

I have a really nice set of yellow 1.7's on the shelf, guess I can't use those....(anyone want to trade?)
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jhelgesen @ Dec 18 2009, 09:07 AM) *

Trying to get my barn find 75 1.8l running and working on my FI education.

Looking at the specs on fuel injectors has me confused, L v D jet.

From what I'm reading, I can't use D-jet injectors with L-jet system.

I currently have a mismatched set of injectors in the car, 3 from a 912e and 1 from the original 1.8.

I have a really nice set of yellow 1.7's on the shelf, guess I can't use those....(anyone want to trade?)

The 912E injectors should work fine, but a little richer. But you really need a complete matched set.

Drums66
You should be good,but..........like was said try to match them idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
aircooledtechguy
D-jet injectors have different electrical connectors than L-jet injectors. I don't think you could swap them if you wanted to unless you spliced the corresponding connectors on the harness. . .
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Dec 18 2009, 04:03 PM) *

D-jet injectors have different electrical connectors than L-jet injectors. I don't think you could swap them if you wanted to unless you spliced the corresponding connectors on the harness. . .

^They also have different impedance. L-Jet system doesn't have enough voltage at the injector to fire a D-Jet injector. The resistor pack is to lower the voltage at the injector.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.