Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone want to buy the 914club domain name?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
Anyone else have this issue logging on the club? Goes to a domain name register site for me.

Penny auction time? biggrin.gif
popcorn[1].gif
DNHunt
Site works for me

Dave
zymurgist
I get the domain name registration page for 914club.com and www.914club.com.

Didn't we have a thread on this not too long ago, after Brad said something about offering the 914club.com domain name for sale?

EDIT: Of course I don't get that page for 914world.com... I couldn't be posting this, could I? derp derp derp
Mark Henry
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 20 2009, 09:23 AM) *

Site works for me

Dave

Goes to register.com every time for me, no matter how I try to get in.... weird.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 20 2009, 06:28 AM) *

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 20 2009, 09:23 AM) *

Site works for me

Dave

Goes to register.com every time for me, no matter how I try to get in.... weird.

Register.com for me too, but that just makes me ask myself 'do I really need to go there anyway?' confused24.gif bye1.gif
ws91420
A quick look at whois.com
Registrant:
Registercom
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: +1.9027492701
Email: domainregistrar@register.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: 914club.com
Created on..............: 2000-12-18
Expires on..............: 2009-12-18

Administrative Contact:
Registercom
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
US

Technical Contact:
Registercom
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
US

DNS Servers:
ns2.expireddomains.register.com
ns1.expireddomains.register.com

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about 914club.com

AboutUs: 914club.com

Register your domain name at http://www.register.com
ConeDodger
Yup! I get a domain registration site...
SLITS
If you read further, they apparently don't have access to the domain name. They want an opening bid of $59.00 and they will "try" to obtain the domain name for you.

Smells like somthing just short of a scam, but legal I suppose.

Hey, send me money and I will hold it until I can obtain the name for you. I didn't read far enough into to it to see if they give the money back if they can't get it.
Gint
Let's not make this something it's not. This has happened before. The domain name comes up for renewal and somebody probably forgot to mail a check or something. I'm sure it will be taken care of shortly.

In the meantime, if you're reading this you're already on the best 914 site on the 'net!
steveherman
Registration page for me too
computers4kids
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 20 2009, 08:53 AM) *

Let's not make this something it's not. This has happened before.

agree.gif Couple times around renewal time that I can remember after the big rift.
IIRC Rusty had owned the DN up until last year. It was for sale and I don't know who bought it at that time??

Hope this is not rumor mongouring but there is a post from Nov08 if anyone does a search for 914club.

Some people's skin will never be thick enough...just my .02 on all the drama that was before my time hear...Thank u Lord

KP
charliew
Works great for me and there are posts from the 18, 19, and 20th.
sean_v8_914
one should be greatfull for the origin of things we enjoy.
DanT
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Dec 20 2009, 09:39 AM) *

one should be greatfull for the origin of things we enjoy.

yes, you are right, everyone shoud be grateful for the origins of this site...and Club is back up....just small hiccup... biggrin.gif
bandjoey

Everytime I go to the site my malware blocks the site showing his address
74.54.82.222. Anyone know if this is the club address? and why it's being blocked?
santa_smiley.gif
jsayre914
works for mee too smile.gif
bandjoey
Hacker? From my iPhone I get Registerdotcom and computer a malware block. Anyway this is THE site.
sww914
Getting a Christmas tree today.
ws91420
Worked briefly now no go.
SGB
No problems for me...
carr914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Dec 20 2009, 12:12 PM) *

IIRC Rusty had owned the DN up until last year. It was for sale and I don't know who bought it at that time??

KP

That was a different, but similar Domain Name
SirAndy
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 20 2009, 11:17 AM) *

yes, you are right, everyone shoud be grateful for the origins of this site...

Doing what Dan does best ... stirthepot.gif yawn.gif
DanT
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2009, 05:26 PM) *

QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 20 2009, 11:17 AM) *

yes, you are right, everyone shoud be grateful for the origins of this site...

Doing what Dan does best ... stirthepot.gif yawn.gif

no pot stirring, just stating the somewhat overlooked obvious.

why do some folks on both sites find such glee in the other one having issues with service?
ws91420
Who said it was in glee? All I saw was a statement of fact. Which at this time 9:43 eastern time I still get the domain for sale screen.
McMark
I'm wrapping Christmas presents, but it's almost time for dinner.
DanT
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 20 2009, 06:46 PM) *

I'm wrapping Christmas presents, but it's almost time for dinner.

good work Mark... smile.gif Mine are all done. Thank goodness.
must be problem with some folks computer recognizing the site....has been up and running since this AM...no problems.
Mike Bellis
I just logged on to the Club with no problem. They even have a Christmas decoration on the header. Not sure what problems you guys are having.
r_towle
Hell, I just started shopping today....wrapping does not start till I find a good gift wrapping booth that donates to the right charity...and the girls are cute enough....or low cut enough (I am easy)

The Club site works for me.
The DNS Cache takes a long time in some parts or the network to refresh...be patient
Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 20 2009, 06:07 PM) *

why do some folks on both sites find such glee in the other one having issues with service?

Why is it that you only show up here to either complain about 'us' making some sort of reference to 'them' or to promote your PCA events in the paddock.

One could almost come to the conclusion you are in fact the one who takes pleasure in keeping those old wounds open.
bye1.gif Andy
DanT
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2009, 08:47 PM) *

Why is it that you only show up here to either complain about 'us' making some sort of reference to 'them' or to promote your PCA events in the paddock.

One could almost come to the conclusion you are in fact the one who takes pleasure in keeping those old wounds open.
bye1.gif Andy

they are not my events Andy, they are PCA events...and I thought this was an open forum...but maybe I was mistaken.
I believe you participated in that last PCA event...that I posted here.
I check in here from time to time...guess that isn't allowed anymore?
I guess I have to agree with everyone here to post?

this will be my last post about this....

Merry Christmas to you and all. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 20 2009, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2009, 08:47 PM) *

bye1.gif Andy

they are not my events Andy, they are PCA events...and I thought this was an open forum...but maybe I was mistaken.
I believe you participated in that last PCA event...that I posted here.
I check in here from time to time...guess that isn't allowed anymore?
I guess I have to agree with everyone here to post?

this will be my last post about this....

Merry Christmas to you and all. smile.gif

Huh? confused24.gif
I never said you weren't allowed to post here. You can post here all you want.
I never said you had to agree with me either. You can disagree all you want.
If anyone tells you otherwise, please let me know ...

The fact is, the only times in the last 6 months you posted here was in threads about 914club.

I'm not stirring the pot, just stating the somewhat overlooked obvious.
bye1.gif Andy
sean_v8_914
...so its some kinda spyware blocking it? I cant get there, only that register site page. do I need to de-louse my machine?
DanT
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Dec 20 2009, 09:02 PM) *

...so its some kinda spyware blocking it? I cant get there, only that register site page. do I need to de-louse my machine?
try turning your computer off or rebooting....that may clear the cache and let you back on. confused24.gif
SirAndy

Nope, your internet provider needs to refresh their DNS cache ...

If you have your own DNS server you can try to force your parent DNS server to refresh, otherwise it can take up to 24 hours.

Anybody who still sees the domain placeholder page should be back to normal by tomorrow afternoon.
type.gif Andy

PS: And yes, rebooting may help clearing some of your local cache. If you're on a PC you can also try to flush your DNS manually.
Open a DOS box and type in:
ipconfig /flushdns
RJMII
QUOTE(DanT @ Dec 20 2009, 10:06 PM) *

try turning your computer off or rebooting....that may clear the cache and let you back on. confused24.gif

Howdy, Dan! long time no see. =o)

Sean;
running CCleaner might help, too. it's freeware.
morph
at & t is having some big west coast problems.i dont know if that may have something to do with it.
Rand
Still propagating (the process of the router updates spreading across the web) since the bill got paid after it expired. (OOPS!)
This is why some people see it and others don't depending on geographical location. I'm in Reno, and as of this post I still see the registrar page.
Mark Henry
I do know how to stirthepot.gif
smile.gif
sean_v8_914
ran cclean and it fixed "it". some bug I guess
charliew
Damn you guys are smart. I'm pissed that I used my at&t air card too much (5g) and am back to using the slow as molasses hughes net. I wanted to cancel Hn but it seems I'm stuck with it unless I get another air card to spread the use between two cards, at 60$ each. You big city boys don't know how lucky you are that you have good internet. Course I can pee off the back porch when I want and hammer and start open exhaust anytime and chase deer out of the flowerbeds.

Merry Christmas everyone, Hope the weather is like you like it and your loved ones are healthy.
SLITS
QUOTE(charliew @ Dec 24 2009, 10:17 AM) *

Damn you guys are smart. I'm pissed that I used my at&t air card too much (5g) and am back to using the slow as molasses hughes net. I wanted to cancel Hn but it seems I'm stuck with it unless I get another air card to spread the use between two cards, at 60$ each. You big city boys don't know how lucky you are that you have good internet. Course I can pee off the back porch when I want and hammer and start open exhaust anytime and chase deer out of the flowerbeds.

Merry Christmas everyone, Hope the weather is like you like it and your loved ones are healthy.

Tejans don't care if it's the city or country ... they pee off the back porch anyway.
charliew
My son thinks it's redneck so just for meanness I do it at his house in the city.
zymurgist
I don't have a back porch. I have to pee off the front porch.
Rand
"I was in NorCal picking up a Porsche that I had a roll cage installed when it expired. I simply forgot to call in and pay it." -Brad
laugh.gif
So there's this one registrar who doesn't email their clients about upcoming renewals? Yeah, it was worth doing business with them to save a couple dollars per year.
sww914
I pee in the side yard next to the driveway, behind the little water heater house so the neighbors can't see. It's gravel there, it drains nicely.
Mark Henry
I piss (I don't pee) where ever I want outside, I have 23 acres of little boys room smile.gif
SirAndy
I have a bathroom in my house ... shades.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(sww914 @ Dec 27 2009, 02:44 PM) *

I pee in the side yard next to the driveway, behind the little water heater house so the neighbors can't see. It's gravel there, it drains nicely.

One of the few perks of being a man! aktion035.gif
Wannabe 914-6 owner
QUOTE(charliew @ Dec 24 2009, 10:17 AM) *

I also used Hughes Net for many years. It was horrible. I now use a system called unwired broadband. 10 times as fast, up and download. Your sateliite broadast only about 17 miles instead of 28k miles to a orbiting satellite. No lag. I have heard they are expanding and may be in your neighborhood biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.