Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: finally took a video of my conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
craig3x
Finally got around to making a quick video. Made it for a guy who is interested in buying it, and thought I'd share with anyone else who likes conversions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KjtWU1TBfk
oldschool
QUOTE(craig3x @ Dec 22 2009, 10:17 PM) *

Finally got around to making a quick video. Made it for a guy who is interested in buying it, and thought I'd share with anyone else who likes conversions.

very cool, do you have photos of the build?
craig3x
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 22 2009, 10:24 PM) *

QUOTE(craig3x @ Dec 22 2009, 10:17 PM) *

very cool, do you have photos of the build?

Yeah. Had them posted about 5 months ago in a different post.
craig3x
don't forget to rate the video at youtube. Thanks
oldschool
QUOTE(craig3x @ Dec 22 2009, 10:31 PM) *

don't forget to rate the video at youtube. Thanks

point me to them please
craig3x
This forum seems to be only for enthusiasts who like stock, or near stock porsches. Anyone know of a different forum I should visit?
tat2dphreak
confused24.gif
This forum seems to be only for enthusiasts who like stock, or near stock porsches. Anyone know of a different forum I should visit?

there's a lot of nice conversions here, and plenty of people that like them confused24.gif
Rand
I think you'll find there are only a handful of CWs and the majority isn't hung up on keeping everything stock.
[edit]Oops, Wayne beat me to it. Yeah, not sure where you got that idea.[/edit]

You might need to replace that air filter, and go easy on tightening it down next time. smile.gif
craig3x
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 24 2009, 09:42 AM) *

confused24.gif

there's a lot of nice conversions here, and plenty of people that like them confused24.gif

been getting some hateful PMs, so I thought I should try somwehere else
tat2dphreak
if they don't own your car, they have no business telling you what to do with it... tell them to fuck themself.
craig3x
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 24 2009, 09:46 AM) *

I think you'll find there are only a handful of CWs and the majority isn't hung up on keeping everything stock.
[edit]Oops, Wayne beat me to it. Yeah, not sure where you got that idea.[/edit]

You might need to replace that air filter, and go easy on tightening it down next time. smile.gif

I purposely "remolded" the air filter that way. It was the only way the lid would close. It doesn't harm anything
jmill
QUOTE(craig3x @ Dec 24 2009, 11:50 AM) *

WTF.gif

With all the V8, V6 and Suby conversions out there some clowns singled you out? dry.gif

I like rotaries and your conversion. Tell those guys to KMA.gif Reminds me why I gave the woman a dildo with the slippers I got her for Xmas. If she didn't like the slippers she knew what she could do.

GS Guy
I like it too! I must be one of the handful (or less??) that actually like the looks of the Chalon kit on the 914. I like the GT look too and pretty much any 914 that's modified - but done well and tastefully.

Yours looks (and sounds!) great!

Jeff
Rand
QUOTE(craig3x @ Dec 24 2009, 09:50 AM) *

Who is sending them? That's lame and doesn't represent this board in general.

Kudos for doing the conversion YOU wanted to YOUR car. Rotary is a fine fit. Not overly tourqey and not hard to get 200hp. What's to hate?
BMXerror

Wow! That seriously depresses me. I thought that people here were better than that. I mean, I have some likes and dislikes as far as conversions go, but if someone builds the car that THEY like, that's their business. And yours is VERY nicely done and probably goes like hell! Good job.
I think it's right for you not to name names. Those people know who they are, and I think I can speak for most of the club when I tell them to get lost. We already have society in general trying to quash creativity and individualism. We don't need members of our own club doing it too!
Great job on the conversion. aktion035.gif
Mark D.
SirAndy

been getting some hateful PMs

WTF.gif

I find that hard to believe ...
confused24.gif Andy
DBCooper
Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that too. I guess I haven't done enough myself, since I haven't had the honor of an uncivil PM. Well done. I'm jealous.
RoadGlue
I think the Rotary conversion is bad ass. I thought the video was a little slow, which may be why you didn't get much feedback there. Mount the camera in the car and take it for a fun drive. Set the camera on the ground and do a few high-rev drive by shots. That'll get the blood flowing here. smile.gif
GeorgeRud
Though they're not common conversions, the Mazda engines are great for this application. No one should fault you for your car.

I used to crew on a IMSA RX2 back in the 70s, and we used to love these engines. Basically, rev them and rev them more. The only bad thing is that I think my ears have still not recovered from all those open exhuasts. One of those sounds that you will never forget!
Dr. Roger
I would soooo love to see this kick some AX ass. When others are running out of gears, yours will keep winding up.

What's redline?
scotty b
9,984 members here. How many hateful PM's have you gotten ? I'm pretty sure it is a SMALL percentage. Were it me I'd out the a-holes dry.gif Keep up the good work, and post some more video smile.gif
JRust
Looks nice man. I'm a little curious how you open your doors? Having filled the door handle spot. Is there no handle? Just an electric lock with remote & pops open when you push a button idea.gif .
TC 914-8
Craig,
Your car looks awsome, great conversion. Is the tach accurate? 7K at the drop of a hat. How about mounting the camera and taking a speed run. I like the front end and rad set up you shouldn't have any cooling problems.

I wouldn't begin to wonder who would send negative PM's on your car. These cars are a blank canvas to let the artist create their vision.....
Great job.
T
carreraguy
WTF?? Hateful PM's? You have every right to do what you want to YOUR car with YOUR money!
I've been posting here about my Suby conversion for a few years and everyone had the decency (and guts) to comment "face to face". This is a great crowd!

BTW - I'll be taking my 914AROO to a local track on Monday - hopefully for some decent videos - finally!
craig3x
Thanks for the support. I guess there are just a handful of a-holes out there.
Yes, the door handles are shaved and utilizes an electonic solenoid which runs off both a remote, and button inside the car. The Tach is not accurate. It is a 911 tach. (I plan to sell that soon and get an aftermarket tach). I would love to mount a camera inside for an action shot ( not to mention the awesome rotary sound winding through the gears)....but I don't have a small mountable video camera. I may take a video of me spinnin' some broadies so you all can hear it wind out.
craig3x
....and by the way, the body kit is from Beach Boys
Cheapsnake
I'm doing a V8 conversion and getting nothing but support from this board. As Scotty says, anybody doing nasty stuff ought to be outed, at least to the moderator. No place for it here.

Tom
tradisrad
A friend of mine had an rotary powered 914 back in the early 90's. He lived in Woodside CA. I never saw the car run and I don't know what happened to it. I must say his car looked a lot like yours.
Keep up the good work.
Larouex
I found this post on your build...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...57&hl=build

I am interested in how you welded up the shaved doors? Did you document that?

Nice conversion!

Larouex
silver74insocal
the cars sounds awesome dude. also like that console..is that custom?
craig3x
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Jan 14 2010, 07:08 PM) *

the cars sounds awesome dude. also like that console..is that custom?

Yeah. It's a modified console out of an RX-7
Spoke
How dare you modify your 914!! You are the only one who's ever used a non-Porsche engine in their 914. JK!

Very nice car. I would love to see this car in action.

What did you do with the exterior door handles? I didn't see a handle on the outside. Looks really cool.
Rand
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 14 2010, 07:48 PM) *

What did you do with the exterior door handles? I didn't see a handle on the outside.

See post 25
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.