Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum routing questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mpoffers
I just finished replacing the fuel lines on my 1975 1.8L, and now I am elbows deep in new vacuum lines. My question is about my EGR valve.

Do I need one?

The diagram from Pelican shows an EGR valve and related hoses. The diagram that came with my hose kit from AutoAtlanta does not show an EGR valve, but seems to contain hoses for it. My car does not have an EGR valve, but instead leaves one of the ports on the throttle body and the distributor open. My car also does not have the metal EGR line, and the the oil fill port connects directly to the throttle body snorkle. What's right?

Also, while I'm in there, can I bypass the charcoal cannister?
zonedoubt
If you think your local emissions tester will look for the EGR then I would install it and plumb it in. Or you may just want it for originality sake. The car will run fine without it.
mpoffers
OK, so I don't need the EGR. Should I just cap off the extra ports on the distributor and throttle body?
zonedoubt
Here's a thread on disconnecting the EGR: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry766064
75914-L20C
The Pelican diagram is for a '75 1.8 with California emissions. Sounds like yours is a "49 state" model and did not come with an EGR valve. The oil filler hose should connect directly to the intake boot. I'm not sure if the 49 state models came with a different distributor vacuum advance or not. If it has two ports, connect the "rearward" port to the "rearward" port on the throttle body (remove the Tee shown in the Pelican diagram and use a single piece of vacuum hose).

Pete Klager
'75 914 1.8L
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.