Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leaky Trans Stub Axl/output flange.. help?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
Pretty sur my 74 2.0 has a slight light leak at the passengers side stup axl/output flange? . How does one fix this and is it a seal that is in there ect.. About 6 months ago I did all my cv boots ect.. and thinking maybe the hard time I had getting them off may have caused this current problem.. Anyways I have not experience with any transmission seals though I would not mind just replacing them all..
Dr Evil
The seal is available separate ( I dont have the P/N handy). Changing is relatively easy, too smile.gif

To remove the output flange you need a drift to stick in one of the bolt holes (place it in so it pushes against the case webbing and keeps the flange from turning). There is one 19mm bolt that holds it in and is not torqued down very hard (about 25 ft/lb, I dont know off hand and dont have the manual with me). After the bolt is removed the flange pulls right out. You can get a seal puller from Harbor Freight for about $5. It looks like a rod with a two headed hook at the end. Pull the seal and push the new one in until it is flush with the shoulder within the bore.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 25 2009, 07:37 PM) *

The seal is available separate ( I dont have the P/N handy). Changing is relatively easy, too smile.gif

To remove the output flange you need a drift to stick in one of the bolt holes (place it in so it pushes against the case webbing and keeps the flange from turning). There is one 19mm bolt that holds it in and is not torqued down very hard (about 25 ft/lb, I dont know off hand and dont have the manual with me). After the bolt is removed the flange pulls right out. You can get a seal puller from Harbor Freight for about $5. It looks like a rod with a two headed hook at the end. Pull the seal and push the new one in until it is flush with the shoulder within the bore.

drunk.gif Thank You! You Made my X-Mas!! Mr Evil...
Dr Evil
Glad to help. BTW, it is DOCTOR EVIL. I didnt do 4 years in medical school to be called mister wink.gif poke.gif
sww914
OK, Mr Dr Evil. smile.gif
r_towle
If he's gonna be like that I propose we all call him Mike like his mom does.

Rich
Dr Evil
Mike works wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.