Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I tried soda blasting today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
VaccaRabite
I did not take before pictures... I should have.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I actually had a hard tome shooting these, as the flash was creating so much glare off the polished aluminum.
Zach
ConeDodger
I wonder if it would 'clean' up plastic parts. For instance, the targa cups in the trunk tend to get a greyish or yellowish tinge to them after a while. Maybe this would whiten them up?
VaccaRabite
Rob, I am going to take a nap for a bit right now, but I have 4 pounds of el-cheapo baking soda left. I'll try it and report back tonight. I am looking for ideas of more things to try and clean!
iamchappy
How's it work on teeth........
Gint
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 30 2009, 01:43 PM) *
How's it work on teeth........

Maybe I'll check. After my nap... gint2.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 30 2009, 03:16 PM) *

I did not take before pictures... I should have.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I actually had a hard tome shooting these, as the flash was creating so much glare off the polished aluminum.
Zach

Nice! smilie_pokal.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Dead Air @ Dec 30 2009, 07:01 AM) *

The expensive part is the compressor big enough to sandblast with. that's what's frustrating me. I don't have $800 laying around to buy one.

Check your local Craigslist. People are dumping everything on there cheap now.
smontanaro
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 30 2009, 02:35 PM) *
I am looking for ideas of more things to try and clean!

What about removing paint from the plastic headlight cap/trim thingies? Mine were painted black. I'd like to try to get the paint off them but think any sort of paint remover chemical would probably hose up the plastic.

Skip
Tom_T
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 30 2009, 12:21 PM) *

I wonder if it would 'clean' up plastic parts. For instance, the targa cups in the trunk tend to get a greyish or yellowish tinge to them after a while. Maybe this would whiten them up?

Rob, the yellowing in plastic parts is internal due to internal changes IIRC from what my Dad the petro-chemist told me - he passed 12/08 so I can't ask him again, or wouldn't get an answer even if I tried! biggrin.gif

So blasting shouldn't change that discoloration much, except at the surface layer crud level.
Tom_T
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Dec 30 2009, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 30 2009, 02:35 PM) *
I am looking for ideas of more things to try and clean!

What about removing paint from the plastic headlight cap/trim thingies? Mine were painted black. I'd like to try to get the paint off them but think any sort of paint remover chemical would probably hose up the plastic.

Skip

agree.gif ... me too! ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.