Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Screen for
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tradisrad
I got a tuna can for Christmas and I am eager to install it, however I don't see how I can use the oil screen with it.
My friend just pulled some metal pieces off of his oil screen and this was enough to convince me that I should be running the oil screen with the tuna can.
Has any one come up with a solution to use a screen with the tuna can?
ws91420
As far as I know you can't run a screen with a tuna can.
detoxcowboy
tuna can = no oil screen (says so in the directions though some places try to sell you one with it)
VaccaRabite
The screen doe not really do anything for you anyway, and all of your oil is going through a filter. if whatever is in your case is big enough to be blocked by the oil screen, you have other problems.

Zach
stownsen914
Actually it can be done, but you have to make it. I felt a little funny putting on the tuna can years ago on my 914 without some type of screen, so I made one. That car is long gone so no pics and only rough memory of how I did it, but you need to be careful not to restrict oil flow. I have some memory that in modifying my screen to work with the tuna can, I had to block off some openings on the side of the screen and open up some holes in the flat aluminum base. Sorry no pics ... I did that mod many moons ago.

Scott
tradisrad
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 29 2009, 10:55 AM) *

The screen doe not really do anything for you anyway, and all of your oil is going through a filter. if whatever is in your case is big enough to be blocked by the oil screen, you have other problems.

Zach

My friend pulled his screen out the other day and he had some big pieces of metal on his screen. I am sure he has/is developing other problems. If he did not have the screen he would have had metal pieces going into his oil pump and passages.
My engine is much fresher than his and at this point I probably don't need the screen, but the added protection and peace of mind never hurts.
-Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.