Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little Black Box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
I have recently rewired my car and have power to the ignition coil and starter, the car kicks over, but i have not started it because i have pulled the gas tank. There is a small black box by the ignition coil that connects to the negative side of the coil and is bolted down by one of the ignition coil bracket bolts. What does that do and is it important? The car has electronic ignition and is carb'd. Will my car not start if the black box isn't wired up? Just want to know now, so when it comes time to start my car, ill know what that thing does.

Thanks everybody
jt914-6
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 4 2010, 12:03 AM) *

I have recently rewired my car and have power to the ignition coil and starter, the car kicks over, but i have not started it because i have pulled the gas tank. There is a small black box by the ignition coil that connects to the negative side of the coil and is bolted down by one of the ignition coil bracket bolts. What does that do and is it important? The car has electronic ignition and is carb'd. Will my car not start if the black box isn't wired up? Just want to know now, so when it comes time to start my car, ill know what that thing does.

Thanks everybody

It sounds like it is your electronic ignition.. You will need that.
tat2dphreak
my " little black box" is a crane ignition. smile.gif

but we'd need to see pics... it could be an electronic coil from all we know right now wink.gif
jt914-6
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 4 2010, 11:05 AM) *

my " little black box" is a crane ignition. smile.gif

but we'd need to see pics... it could be an electronic coil from all we know right now wink.gif

agree.gif
McMark
agree.gif
ejm
with one wire it sounds more like a igntion noise suppression capacitor but pictures would be helpful
turnaround89
ill try and get some pictures of it today
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 4 2010, 09:50 AM) *

with one wire it sounds more like a igntion noise suppression capacitor but pictures would be helpful

True, electroninc igntiton mine included had a 3 wire, 2 to the coil and one to the dist..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.