Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 916 914-6 gt steel flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914MF
I'm interested. piratenanner.gif
Todd Enlund
I haven't installed mine yet, but the group buy that I did included George's flared rockers, and they look nice too. Fit really well when I set them into place.

Click to view attachment

I can't speak for George on the price, but I can pretty well guarantee that if you want steel flares, this is when you want to buy them.
carr914
Damn, the next car I buy is going to be narrow body and stay that way - you guys will build up it's value by cutting up original cars. biggrin.gif

T.C.

BTW; Georges flares are nice, I've had 2 sets
DEC
I'm interested for three sets

Is the price the same how your group buy offer on your Website?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you all for the replies and the great pictures of steel flared 914s and the confidence. As Kenny so perfectly stated, there is a big set up charge even though we have paid for the tooling, and we have to run 100 sets of flares. That is a giant expenditure right when we have several big projects coming in from China and India and Taiwan.
However, I have seen enough response to propose this deal:
A club member can organize the purchase just as last time and for his efforts receive a free set of flares shipped. Depending on how many sets are sold the price will be as follows for the one time run:
40 sets sold 550.00 per set
35 sets sold 600.00 per set
30 sets sold 650.00 per set
25 sets sold 700.00 per set

25 is the minimum to make the deal go forward. To make it fair to everyone shipping to the lower 48 will be 50.00 shipped Fed Ex. The organizer can decide how long he will collect orders and when we have the minimum we will start production letting him continue to collect orders until production is finished and I have to pay for it! If by that time the 40 or more sets have been ordered, the price will be the lowest in the history of flare production even though the steel prices are much higher. As last time the organizer will collect the money and send it to us.
mepstein
I'm in for 1 set. 2 sets if the group buy reaches 40 sets. Thank you George and World. Mark Epstein
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 6 2010, 07:02 AM) *

Thank you all for the replies and the great pictures of steel flared 914s and the confidence. As Kenny so perfectly stated, there is a big set up charge even though we have paid for the tooling, and we have to run 100 sets of flares. That is a giant expenditure right when we have several big projects coming in from China and India and Taiwan.
A club member can organize the purchase just as last time and for his efforts receive a free set of flares shipped. Depending on how many sets are sold the price will be as follows for the one time run:

25 is the minimum to make the deal go forward. To make it fair to everyone shipping to the lower 48 will be 50.00 shipped Fed Ex. The organizer can decide how long he will collect orders and when we have the minimum we will start production letting him continue to collect orders until production is finished and I have to pay for it! If by that time the 40 or more sets have been ordered, the price will be the lowest in the history of flare production even though the steel prices are much higher. As last time the organizer will collect the money and send it to us.

George. I'm willing to organize it. What do I have to do?
DEC
George,
I will do it for the German Guys.

How are the shipping costs for Germany?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That is great Rob. I would like a guy who will really press the sales so we can get the lowest price for everyone by achieving the 40 set goal. If you are interested please call me personally and we can discuss My ext is 111.

QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 6 2010, 08:24 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 6 2010, 07:02 AM) *

George. I'm willing to organize it. What do I have to do?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(DEC @ Jan 6 2010, 08:24 AM) *

George,
I will do it for the German Guys.

How are the shipping costs for Germany?

We can package all sets together and do it very reasonably as we have big lots going there all of the time. The more the cheaper per set. For example we just shipped a 356 engine fed ex 345 lbs for 750.00. The raw weight of the flares is 22 lbs per set, so from that you can get an idea. We could also ship them by a slower method. Obviously again the more sets that go there the cheaper per set as we will pallet and box them together.
mepstein
I would be interested in putting this together. I haven't organized a group buy with this group but i've done similar. I would start a checking account for the buy (not in my name) and have another well known member of the group be the person authorized to sign the check to auto atlanta or return to sender if group buy does not pan out. I would propose a date to make a final tally of sets ordered and then a date to have money to the bank account. Authorized signer would then write check to auto atlanta. Let me know what you guys think and we'll get this together. I'm new here so if you want someone else to take this up, no problem. I'm in for at least one set. Thanks, Mark Epstein
andys
I'd be in for a set contingent on a couple of issues. I currently have fiberglass flares nearly finished, but would willingly change them over to steel if my rear tires/wheels would fit. Can someone with the AA flares installed on the rear measure the distance from the inside panel to the rolled lip on the inside of the flare in the center? It's a deal breaker if my current setup won't fit, so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I may post a new thread to get the info if I don't get any hits on this thread.
Thanks,

Andys
Click to view attachment
Gudhjem
I'm in for a set.
RJMII
is it the cost @ qty + shipping?

so $600 for a set (shipped) if 40 people are in?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 6 2010, 11:41 AM) *

Figure the cost is what George listed plus shipping.

We need to have 40 people committed to get it done... I don't think you are going to find another deal like this...

While $600 or so is a lot these days, I don't think anyone can go wrong having a set either on their cars or in their parts stash at that price...
RJMII
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 6 2010, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 6 2010, 11:41 AM) *

Figure the cost is what George listed plus shipping.

We need to have 40 people committed to get it done... I don't think you are going to find another deal like this...

While $600 or so is a lot these days, I don't think anyone can go wrong having a set either on their cars or in their parts stash at that price...

Okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the post that says where to send $$, and how long of a time frame we have for the person gathering money to receive said money. =o)
burton73
QUOTE(andys @ Jan 6 2010, 09:08 AM) *

I'd be in for a set contingent on a couple of issues. I currently have fiberglass flares nearly finished, but would willingly change them over to steel if my rear tires/wheels would fit. Can someone with the AA flares installed on the rear measure the distance from the inside panel to the rolled lip on the inside of the flare in the center? It's a deal breaker if my current setup won't fit, so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I may post a new thread to get the info if I don't get any hits on this thread.
Thanks,

Andys
Click to view attachment

I get close to 10.75 inches with my GT kit welded in my 6. That adds just a little. It still test fit 8” Fuchs when I but them on and plan on running 9” Fuchs 16 back there. The lip is very big!

Bob
mepstein
RobW and I are working out the details. Tentative plan will be to get production and distribution date from George at AA and work backwards for timeframe needed for final commitment and payment. So guys, just hold on for now and we will post all info as it develops along with contact for your name and finally your payment. I'm planning on more than 40 sets sold to get the $550 + $50 shipping price.

mepstein
Keep this in mind - not mandatory but you might want a set. I would expect shipping charges apply as well-

Memo from George at AA:
Deal is that if they purchase flares under the package deal they can buy a set of duplicate gt rockers for an extra 150.00 regularly 225.00

VaccaRabite
Are the rockers FG or steel?

I'm interested...

zach
teveo
I am in for a set as well. When could these be ready to ship?
(edit: think i would want 2 if we reach 40 sets..)
jmill
The rockers are fiberglass. I have to say go for the rockers too. I have a set. You won't be disapointed. I'm picky as hell and worked with FG for years. These are well made and fit perfectly. The old ones were lousy. These are sweet.
mepstein
George told me these rockers were measured off a GT so they look like the real thing. He also told me that his 3 flared cars - 914-6 GT, 914-6 flared, and 916, all have different measurements for flare location. I have read of 2 ways that flares are installed, 1. follow factory measurements and fit rockers to flares. 2. bolt on rockers and fit flares to rockers. There might be other ways of attachment as well and since these cars were practically hand made, dimensions for each car may vary. The pros on this board know a lot more than me!!! I'm buying flares and rockers and letting Scott take care of the thinking/welding/painting part.
mharmon
I'm in for flairs and rockers
ConeDodger
In past AA group buys we have just paid George directly. I haven't read the thread start to finish but unless George said otherwise, I would assume that to be the case this time. You just call and say 914World group buy and you're hooked up.
Rand
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 6 2010, 04:25 PM) *

In past AA group buys we have just paid George directly. I haven't read the thread start to finish but unless George said otherwise, I would assume that to be the case this time. You just call and say 914World group buy and you're hooked up.

See post 55
As last time the organizer will collect the money and send it to us.
jmill
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 6 2010, 06:25 PM) *

Last time Todd collected the cash and sent it in. He was a safe bet IMHO. Chances are the kitty on this one is going well over 20k. Thats a lot of coin.
RJMII
QUOTE(jmill @ Jan 6 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Last time Todd collected the cash and sent it in. He was a safe bet IMHO. Chances are the kitty on this one is going well over 20k. Thats a lot of coin.

There are two of them working on collecting it this time, and making sure it is safe. They are setting it up to where there is a self check, and assurance of an honest transaction.

THEY are a safe bet, IMHO.
rick 918-S
RobW is in banking. He would not get involved with something that would trash his career. This is as safe as it gets.
r_towle
When will they be shipped?

Rich
BenNC
One more interested
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(jmill @ Jan 6 2010, 05:53 PM) *

Yep... last time I ran over $15K through my bank account. George needed one lump payment to make the sale a wholesale transaction.

My advice to the organizers, count on roughly 40% backing out when it's time to ante up. I had 30 confirmed, and sold 17 sets.
david63
I am interested. If I understand we will just stay tuned and when it gets finalized we will send money to the folks in charge and AA will send the flares to us when he gets the payment?

I just brought home my 1974 2.0 (I bought that blue car that was on this site from the Dallas area) I will post pics as the re-fresh goes. I may or may not go nuts and do the 914-6 conversion with this car. Stay tuned. Glad to be able to finally post. Great to be back in the 914 business.
zig-n-zag
I'm interested in flairs and rockers.....and how much to ship them here.
hot_shoe914
I am in for one set as long as they come along after the first of March (using my spare February money for the Buttercup build trip) and if they are late enough then there is a possibility of 2 sets.

Donald
mepstein
Rob W and I will work out the details with George and post an official goup buy detail thread by the week end. We will make sure that both Auto Atlanta and the members who participate in the group buy are comfortable with terms of payment. George tells me the flares would produced by the end of January. I believe George would like all questions and payments to be first directed at Rob and I, so he and his staff do not spend extra time and resources on the transaction but rest assured all parts of the transaction will be transparent to the members and I will not have direct control of the money. Thank you, Mark Epstein

By the way, here's who I am-

Mark Epstein
Realtor
Remax of Wilmington
5307 Limestone Road, Suite 100
Wilmington, DE 19808
Mark@MarkEpstein.net
302-355-0684

Red 914 '74 2.0
sean_v8_914
SDautosport.com will commit to 2 sets. I already have a customer waiting for his to be installed and maybe MR black 914 3.6 is lurking and will want some
dwy914
I'll commit to one set with rockers.
jkrobb2001
2 sets flares, 2 sets rockers. Thanks smile.gif
RON S.
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 5 2010, 10:54 AM) *

Any chance for some wider than stock flares?
If you made a set of 9"/11" i would be all over them! biggrin.gif

Having said that, i might just bite the bullet and get some of yours and cut them and add a 2" strip ...
idea.gif Andy

Hey Guys,
I know I'm late to the thread, but I bought my set 3 years ago and widened them myself. Here's how I did it.
The AA flares are easy to work.

Ron
RON S.
here's how it finished.

Grand daughter not included.

Ron
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Mark has been doing a fabulous job getting orders for the flares, and we are well over the minimum for a group buy. However please keep in mind that we only have two more weeks for you to get your order in! Also we need 12 more sets as of this date (jan 18th) to make it fly at the lowest cost, 550.00 per set. Maybe you know a friend who wants a set or to buy an extra set yourself to resell later!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.