Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sealants
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
got the following, where should they go? Do I need anything else?

Curil K2 - Case halves, anywhere else?
Curil T
Dirko
StratPlayer
Curil T Use between cylinders and engine case, also around the 4 lower head bolt washers.

Dirko Use on your valve cover gaskets.

K2 is for you engine case.
McMark
Loctite 518 on the oil pump.
jeffdon
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 7 2010, 02:44 PM) *

Loctite 518 on the oil pump.

Thanks!
jeffdon
I seem to recall Jake posting a pretty exhaustive list of sealants and where they are used, but cannot find it now. Can anyone link me to it?
Jake Raby
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jan 8 2010, 09:53 AM) *

I seem to recall Jake posting a pretty exhaustive list of sealants and where they are used, but cannot find it now. Can anyone link me to it?

Like everything else, sealants continually change and we have to try new things over and over again. The old list was pulled because it was out of date.
ME733
popcorn[1].gif ...those products listed are not on my favorites list. I use PERMATEX ,(sensor safe) BLUE RTV silicone gasket maker. (part number 6B). available at any local parts store. This sealant can be used everywhere. Out of habit , I use the yellow, windshield sealant on the valve covers, as it holds them solid, does not leak and allows many removals/reinstalls if you grease the outer valve cover gasket,face. The blue permetex will even seal exhaust gaskets.(or replace them if the surfaces are flat.)...It,s complance,heat resistance, and continuing sealing ability with expanding parts,....crankcase, cylinders,(bases), oil pump,etc, etc, IS just superior than anything. (MO). it can be wiped to a thin coat filling the pores of crankcase halves ensuring a tight , torqued, leak proof seal. in my experience nothing is better. it,s PERMATEX blue RTV. popcorn[1].gif Murray
McMark
YES! We get to have the RTV flame storm! mueba.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 8 2010, 10:15 AM) *

YES! We get to have the RTV flame storm! mueba.gif

I SQUIRT BLUE RTV IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.