Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 hard line options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
inschool

I am finishing up a 914/6 conversion, I have a semi stock 6 motor and an OEM tank with 3 oem hoses. I am using the bulkhead mount and am having some fitment issues with the lower oil line. I have an original 914/6 hard line (tank to case). I do not want to hack this line or bend to fit. I tried to have a custom hose made but was unable to find the correct fittings.

What line or hose are you conversion guys using?

Any members make a hose?
bcheney
I am going to use a flexible line for my conversion. I live in Orlando. Where are you?
GeorgeRud
You can make the line from stainless braided AN-12 or AN-16 oil line. The fittings to convert the AN fittings to the metric Porsche fittings are available from a variety of vendors.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(inschool @ Jan 10 2010, 10:07 PM) *

Any members make a hose?

Elephant has the fittings, as does JB Racing.

AN-12 is WAY too small for the hard line. Compare the ID's.

The hard line is the delivery line from the tank to the pressure-side pump and can see considerable suction (vacuum). If you are using a braided-steel AN line (e.g. Earls, Aeroquip, Goodridge) you must use an anti-collapse inner spring. SmartRacing has those - probably others too.

Elephant is kind of the 'go-to' place for 911 oil systems and Chuck Moreland s a good guy. There are other good places too, don't get me wrong.
ClayPerrine
There is a Porsche flexible line that is the correct length and size to replace the hardline back to the tank. Contact Rich Johnson (a914guy@aol.com). He can tell you the part number, and even sell you the line.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.