Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone here ever jump there 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 14 2010, 12:18 AM) *

Yer front sway bar is unattached on the drivers side...
Flight damage?

Moggy should answer this and then we'll all learn something...
I don't actually see evidence that it's connected on either side nor, in, fact, even installed.

Antiroll bars work great for keeping the car flat on the road on smooth surfaces. They do this by transferring load from the inner to the outer wheel. This tends to lift the inner wheel (we've all seen it...) which is maybe OK on tarmac but I'm not sure it's a good idea on unprepared surface.

And I'm pretty sure you don't want a rally car to understeer, but I don't claim rally prep is my area.
moggy
Thanks for the positive comments guys. The antiroll bar only gets connected when I'm on tarmac stages, and even then on the lowest setting. It's disconnected for everything else. Understeer is something you don't wanna see, EVER, when you have tree's just a few feet away. Oversteer is much easier to control. The front turns in perfectly in control with no antiroll bar, then you just control the rest on the throttle (kinda like drifting). Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SeD-J6JqYY

Oh yeh and you make sure you take your brain out before you get in the car and remember to wear brown pants... biggrin.gif

jsayre914
I cant tell if i actually got the tires off the ground, but when i do see an oppertunity for a small jump, i always accelerate into it beer.gif

its fun smile.gif

we all know that one spot where you are sure if you go into it fast enough you will get altitude, some of us try it and some of us only think it.
scotty b
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jan 13 2010, 07:58 AM) *

In '83 (when The Dukes Of Hazard was a prime time show rolleyes.gif ) My best friend and I jumped his parents '68 Chrysler 300 (w/ 440 and posi) over a banked 3 lane hwy from an intersecting road. . . That boat landed totally flat and drove out nice. We got sooooo lucky. His dad would have KILLED us if he had ever found out about that. . . The lesson learned: NEVER give a kid a fast car lol-2.gif

dry.gif you bastard.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.