Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theoretically, what would it be worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
I'm trying to figure out if I have any assets.
I'm building a 914 racecar, fully caged but with most of the inner body sheet metal intact. It will have a Sheridan body with brand new professional black paint, shiny everywhere and almost perfect. I'll put in a 3.2 and a 901 tranny, no LSD but with MSX gears and an aluminum intermediate plate. I have Boxster brake adapters so I'll put on Boxster calipers. I'll do brake cooling to the front. I have coilovers for all 4 corners and an adjustable front swaybar, and a Rebel Racing bump steer kit. Wheels I'm not sure yet but 8's & 10's, probably 3 piece BBS style somethings. It will be slightly street legal but probably uncomfortable. It will have a fuelcell and a AFFF fire system. Up to date belts, a good racing seat, a window net, and a momo steering wheel and regular 914 gauges with a couple of extras, oil pressure & temp.
What do you think it will be worth finished?
al weidman
Steve, I think you are the only one that knows the answer to that. The economy is not lending itself to toys right now. I even met a well to do collector that is selling 35 of his collectible Porsches and keeping only 5 or 7. Met him last year at the Dunkel show in Orange County. Al.

If your are trying to extablish your asset value for some financial reason, post some pictures and you may get some value estimates.
dw914er
QUOTE(al weidman @ Jan 14 2010, 10:47 PM) *

Steve, I think you are the only one that knows the answer to that. The economy is not lending itself to toys right now. I even met a well to do collector that is selling 35 of his collectible Porsches and keeping only 5 or 7. Met him last year at the Dunkel show in Orange County. Al.

If your are trying to extablish your asset value for some financial reason, post some pictures and you may get some value estimates.

This... It's only worth what someone would be willing to fork up for in a toy. Lucky for him it'll be a damn well built toy from you, but the economy just doesn't lend it self for a sellers market.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.