Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Struts and Hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rickthejetman
ok gang new guy question. if i have 1972 911 struts (boge) do i have to buy 72 hubs as well? or can i use later or earlier ones?
bdstone914
QUOTE(rickthejetman @ Jan 12 2010, 07:13 PM) *

ok gang new guy question. if i have 1972 911 struts (boge) do i have to buy 72 hubs as well? or can i use later or earlier ones?

I have a pair of hubs that should fit your struts. I am in Riverside. If you come down here you can try them out.

Bruce
rickthejetman
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 12 2010, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(rickthejetman @ Jan 12 2010, 07:13 PM) *

I have a pair of hubs that should fit your struts. I am in Riverside. If you come down here you can try them out.

Bruce

wow! thats awsome. i dont have them yet i was going to bid on them on ebay just wanted to see what my hub options were. i'll let you know if i win them.
thanks a bunch
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rickthejetman @ Jan 12 2010, 10:13 PM) *

1969 and later (which in 911-land is basically through 1989 at least) the spindles (and therefore hubs) are the same. (Technically, even the very early spindles and hubs are the same - but the very early struts are not, and if it were going to get iffy it'd be with the solid-rotor hubs.)
Cap'n Krusty
Actually, the hubs aren't all the same. Hubs made for non-vented rotors are different. The Cap'n
rickthejetman
well i'm putting willwood brakes on so if either hub will work its fine with me. my niner has a wrx engine in it now. wanna make sure it will stop as fast as it will go now wink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 13 2010, 10:46 AM) *

Actually, the hubs aren't all the same. Hubs made for non-vented rotors are different.

I wondered about that. It appears that 1969 911T still had solid disks front. 1969 E, S, and all Sporto had vented, and by 1970, everything did.
Eric_Shea
You can use them all but, they're all different.

Solod rotor hubs will work in a vented circumstance but your calipers will hit the wheels with most wheels.

As they went to vented rotors the hubs widened the spacing. When they switched to A-Calipers they got an even wider stance.

Good advice herein... stick with a 70+ hub and you should be good to go.
rickthejetman
thank you all for the great advice. you have been most helpful
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(rickthejetman @ Jan 13 2010, 10:51 AM) *

well i'm putting willwood brakes on so if either hub will work its fine with me. my niner has a wrx engine in it now. wanna make sure it will stop as fast as it will go now wink.gif

You could alwasys try what I got on my car...

930 brakes with vented rotors. Not cheap though...

Wilwoods are nice. I had them on my Mopar.
Spoke
QUOTE(rickthejetman @ Jan 13 2010, 01:51 PM) *

my niner has a wrx engine in it now.

Did I miss pics of your car? Let's see what you got!
rickthejetman
Click to view attachment
rickthejetman
Click to view attachment
rickthejetman
sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures my digital is broken. i'm no fabricator i'm just an airplane mechanic thats learning this as i go along. so no mean coments on the poor quality. its strong it will hold thats all that matters to me.Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rickthejetman
my trunk was totally rotten so it didn't bother me to cut it out. so my engine ended up nice and high and ground clearance is perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.