Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake reservoir feed lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppeters914
Searched here and Pelican's forums, but nada.

From a 2004 thread:

QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Dec 13 2004, 03:42 PM) *

When I looked at the lines feeding from the reservoir to the MC, it looks like someone did a bad "chop job" on them, so I'd like to replace them. Can anyone send pictures, or tell me part numbers, or describe what I need to get? any resource would be helpful.

Just to clarify, I want to replace the "low pressure" lines that feed the MC from the brake reservoir.
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Dec 13 2004, 03:48 PM) *

Here are the part numbers. Both listed as NLA everywhere.

914 355 061 00
914 355 063 00
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Dec 13 2004, 04:07 PM) *

After my initial posting, I contacted Pelican Parts. They CAN get them, but they have to special order them. 3 week turn-around!!!!!

egads!!! Any other help?

I'm in the same boat.

IPB Image

What you don't see is the plastic line cut several inches above the brake m/c feeder tubes.

Both Pelican and AutoAtlanta list blue, braided hose. Does this hose replace the plastic and transition hoses, or just the braided transition hose? Or is there another solution?

Thanks.

Pete
'71 1.7L

dr914@autoatlanta.com
there are plastic lines attached to the blue short cloth connecting lines. Still available under a superseded part number. We order from Porsche about 50 each.

QUOTE(ppeters914 @ Jan 13 2010, 11:11 AM) *

Searched here and Pelican's forums, but nada.

From a 2004 thread:

QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Dec 13 2004, 03:42 PM) *

When I looked at the lines feeding from the reservoir to the MC, it looks like someone did a bad "chop job" on them, so I'd like to replace them. Can anyone send pictures, or tell me part numbers, or describe what I need to get? any resource would be helpful.

Just to clarify, I want to replace the "low pressure" lines that feed the MC from the brake reservoir.
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Dec 13 2004, 03:48 PM) *

Here are the part numbers. Both listed as NLA everywhere.

914 355 061 00
914 355 063 00
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Dec 13 2004, 04:07 PM) *

After my initial posting, I contacted Pelican Parts. They CAN get them, but they have to special order them. 3 week turn-around!!!!!

egads!!! Any other help?

I'm in the same boat.

IPB Image

What you don't see is the plastic line cut several inches above the brake m/c feeder tubes.

Both Pelican and AutoAtlanta list blue, braided hose. Does this hose replace the plastic and transition hoses, or just the braided transition hose? Or is there another solution?

Thanks.

Pete
'71 1.7L

dr914@autoatlanta.com
also plenty of used sets available
underthetire
Can't you just buy metric plastic line from McMastercarr, if the plastic is what you are looking for.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#tubing/=5cy4tq
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 13 2010, 12:38 PM) *

Can't you just buy metric plastic line from McMastercarr, if the plastic is what you are looking for.

Is it brake fluid resistant?
Katmanken
Better have skills with plastics tubing bending if you are doing your own.....

Did I mention the metal tubing inserts in the bottom ends of the tubing?

That's what rusted and leaked in my car...

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 13 2010, 12:27 PM) *

Better have skills with plastics tubing bending if you are doing your own.....

Did I mention the metal tubing inserts in the bottom ends of the tubing?

That's what rusted and leaked in my car...

yup factory pieces are preformed with the metal in them that is why they are expensive. One gets what they pay for. (most of the time from Porsche! Their front factory hood cable sheaths are the biggest junk ever made. Look like refrigerator ice maker line!)
underthetire
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 13 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Yes. Same material as the reservoir. Didn't know they were pre-formed with metal inserts. I'll have to take a look at mine. Since it is low/no pressure, can you press in the inserts? As far as pre-bending it, don't know. It's not like the stuff is super rigid, and I would think you could wrap the bend around something and hit it with a heat gun. I have some at home I could try with.
914Sixer
I was thinking about having some made up in SS or steel as replacements for the plastic with the end flared to fit master cylinder. Plastic lines are about $90 EACH. Should be able to have SS's one made for under $75 for the pair.
ppeters914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 13 2010, 11:58 AM) *

Yes. Same material as the reservoir.

Which material? Tygon or....?
ppeters914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 13 2010, 11:42 AM) *
One gets what they pay for. (most of the time from Porsche! Their front factory hood cable sheaths are the biggest junk ever made. Look like refrigerator ice maker line!)

That's being generous.
ppeters914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 13 2010, 10:25 AM) *

QUOTE(ppeters914 @ Jan 13 2010, 11:11 AM) *

IPB Image

Thanks.

Pete
'71 1.7L

there are plastic lines attached to the blue short cloth connecting lines. Still available under a superseded part number. We order from Porsche about 50 each.

Also plenty of used sets available.

Fifty bucks each? YIKES!!!! pinch.gif

I've got a line on a used set.

Another option is that there's 3-4 inches of plastic tubing still attached to the metal tubes that fit into the brake m/c. Since I have to replace the upper braided hose anyway, I could do another splice down low.

6freak
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 13 2010, 01:44 PM) *

I was thinking about having some made up in SS or steel as replacements for the plastic with the end flared to fit master cylinder. Plastic lines are about $90 EACH. Should be able to have SS's one made for under $75 for the pair.

Remember they need to be flexable ...M/C moves when you stomp the brake pedal ......P.S thats a pix of a 911 reservoir
underthetire
QUOTE(ppeters914 @ Jan 13 2010, 04:54 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 13 2010, 11:58 AM) *

Yes. Same material as the reservoir.

Which material? Tygon or....?

I'd probably go with Nylon 11.
ppeters914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 14 2010, 07:13 AM) *

l ......P.S thats a pix of a 911 reservoir

No, that pic is the brake m/c reservoir out of my '71 1.7. Here's a pic before removal:

IPB Image

Pete
6freak
then it has been changed ...stock 4 bangers didnt have an over flow tube
rick 918-S
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 15 2010, 09:39 AM) *

That's interesting. I never noticed that. Is that all years?
6freak
As far as I know ...Only the 6`s had the over flow tube! That came from the 911 system
Slider
Hmm thats interesting my 72 1.7 has the overflow tube.
realred914
QUOTE(Slider @ Apr 5 2010, 02:44 PM) *

Hmm thats interesting my 72 1.7 has the overflow tube.

ditto, boht 72 and both 70s i owned both have the over flow pipe
jeffdon
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 15 2010, 10:39 AM) *

Hey, that means someone stole my six banger!
914Sixer
ALL the early cars up to end of 72 had over flow tube and used the 911 part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.