Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tunnel Fuel Line replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
I got the 3/8" steel brake lines, they bend well so I'm not sweating that. But they don't mate up to the 7mm (high pressure) fuel line.

For a 1911 L-Jet, is the 3/8" necessary? Won't 5/16" work ok? I just got to thinking that if the main delivery line is upsized a bit, does it stand to reason that the fuel rails and lines to the injectors need to be bigger? See where I'm going? I could get a bigger rubber line from the 3/8" but then have to neck down again at the pressure regulator. I'm trying to make some progress and I end up with more questions.

I thought I'd just order some aluminum or SS line from Summit, but 5/16" and call it a day.

Working on the car is not a good way to end a bad day. But I must press on... smash.gif
JWest
5/16 is fine (fuel supply wise).
tod914
5/16 is what i used for my tunnel lines too. I think it is just sligthly bigger than 8mm. So, the 8mm inner diameter high pressure lines will fit fine with it.
swood
smilie_flagge24.gif Thanks.
campbellcj
I got the 3/8" aluminum tubing and some tubing-to-AN6 fittings . I redid the rear bulkhead to carb lines with AN6 braided stuff incl. pressure gauge and inline filter and PMO solid fuel bars last weekend. Gonna do the front cell-tunnel section within the next couple weekends.
cork
Chris could you post some pictures, Thanks Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.