914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
RoadGlue
As promised:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Can't speak highly enough about the overall appearance and quality of this part. Great job and thank you for making this!

Jax914
Put me in for 2 also!! paypal to?
Greenguy
I'd like two, paypal is good
Mikey914
WOW,
Those pictures are great!

Maybe I should send you a few other parts to photograph for me.

Let me know.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 4 2010, 11:53 PM) *

WOW,
Those pictures are great!

Maybe I should send you a few other parts to photograph for me.

Let me know.

I'd be happy to photograph anything you need. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Anybody have any insight on installation here?

I'm having some issues and I wonder if there are two different seat tracks for one and/or two varients of these handles??

First off, I installed them just as the pictures in the first few posts and the length of the handle base seemed to be a problem. It interfered with the bolts holding the seat on.

I ended up trimming the handle back so it was close to bolt holes on the handle and it helped there but something doesn't seem right. The ratchets on the seat rail seem to rub, very tight. This is what makes mw wonder if I have early model seat runners with a late model floor frame... are there differences?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as this should be easy-peasy.
Mikey914
I do know there are 2 different types of handles that were originally made. The potmaetal ones, and later the plastic ones. These were modled off the potmetal ones, and the plastic handle I had had the same hole spacing. I did check these on my 76 and seemed to be lining up.

Please post some pictures so I can help here.
Thanks,
mark
Eric_Shea
Resolved... I had to grind some more off because the bottom of the handle was hitting the first seat mounting bolt. I probably got an early example. It seems my screw holes on the handles were mounted fairly far forward. Hole spacing is perfect, Works "perfectly" now. These are amazing. smilie_pokal.gif

Here's what I had to take off (love marking up Randy's artwork! w00t.gif ). It appears in his picture the holes are closer to this back edge which would mean "bolt on". Mine had a bit too much hanging off the bout here:

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
I'll take two of whatever everyone is excited about because I am a lemming! biggrin.gif
shelby/914
If there are still 2 remaining I'll take them. Send me a total and I'll paypal you.

Dan
Mikey914
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Oct 2 2010, 06:02 PM) *

If there are still 2 remaining I'll take them. Send me a total and I'll paypal you.

Dan

Dan,
I do belieeve I have 2 left, I'm actually in the process of doing up a new batch, Eric, if you can give me the distance from the end to the edge of the hole I'll make the next batch so there will be no modificatio necessay. This will be the 3rd batch, each has had some improvement, and it is possible that yours is from the 1st batch. The one in the photo is the second batch, so it may allready be addressed, but I'd like to confirm.
Thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Oct 2 2010, 06:02 PM) *

Dan

I do belieeve I have 2 left, I'm actually in the process of doing up a new batch, Eric, if you can give me the distance from the end to the edge of the hole I'll make the next batch so there will be no modificatio necessay. This will be the 3rd batch, each has had some improvement, and it is possible that yours is from the 1st batch. The one in the photo is the second batch, so it may allready be addressed, but I'd like to confirm.
Thanks
Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment
ottox914
Any of these left? I could use 2...
Mikey914
I have made changes so they are now produced shorter and will eliminate Erics' problem.

I do have them here-
http://www.shop.914rubber.com/product.sc?p...mp;categoryId=7

This was a group buy but as I had not specified it I reduced the regular price to $9.99 until Sunday at midnight for those that missed the group buy the first time around.

ottox914
SOLD!

+ ordered some other bits I could use that you had on the site...

-Thanks
Mikey914
Thanks got the order. This will shut off at Sunday 11:59 PM, so if anyone else wants some you can get them.
bigkensteele
Mark,

Put me down for a pair.

Thanks,
Ken
Mikey914
I appreciate the bump. Just click on the link and it will take you there. I've had to automate the process slightly to keep track of everything and transition my shipping to my assistant.

It can be a full time job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.