I'm ready for the

WINTER STORM

IPB Image
VaccaRabite
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
(be careful driving home Joe)
ellisor3
Hey Guys,
We get snow in Florida too, the only difference is your snow comes from Canada, ours comes from Columbia aktion035.gif
Katmanken

[/quote]
Your forecast is for 1-2" at this time. But there's time for you to come to NoVa for the 16-24" forecast idea.gif My poor dog is only a foot tall, how's she gonna poop?
[/quote]

Yer dog's gonna die....

Seriously, I had the same problem when I lived in Northern Maine. Dog usually went in the shoveled areas as the snow was over my head at times.

Never forget when I put her on the snow crust at 30 below to do her thing. Poor thing's paws broke through the crust and her unprotected belly landed on the snow....

All four paws kicked into overdrive, but she was unable to get traction in the powder below. Thee poor hound went nowhere....

The look on her face... av-943.gif av-943.gif
Kirmizi
Zach, sounds like you're getting your wish.
My brother just told me over an inch/hour of snowfall right now. w00t.gif
Mike
Dr Evil
Are you happy now? I am going to have to dig the bus out to install the engine dry.gif

Not going anywhere today...
VaccaRabite
very pleased, yes. between 26 and 23 inches, depending on where I measured. Over 4 feet in some of the drifts.

A good bit of the drive is already plowed out, and the streets around me are passable. But, there is a 4 foot snowdrift between me and the bus, that I have not even attempted to move yet.

I am thinking about turning on the 70KBTU heater against the drift and waiting to see how fast it can melt a path through it. Whatever I do, I am waiting for the wind to die down. VERY windy!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 6 2010, 11:34 AM) *

very pleased, yes. between 26 and 23 inches, depending on where I measured. Over 4 feet in some of the drifts.

A good bit of the drive is already plowed out, and the streets around me are passable. But, there is a 4 foot snowdrift between me and the bus, that I have not even attempted to move yet.

I am thinking about turning on the 70KBTU heater against the drift and waiting to see how fast it can melt a path through it. Whatever I do, I am waiting for the wind to die down. VERY windy!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Dr Evil
I asked Noel to take a pic of me shoveling out our street. I was board, and looked forward to the exercise. She did not get the whole pic, only about half of it. I shoveled out about 100yds + around my car and the walk way. We got a solid 24" here.
Dr Evil
Noel makes snow angel.
plas76targa
Cute angel.

My wife Katherine is so smart!. Thought to ask our neighbors if we couldl borrow their snow blower since they would be out of town over the weekend. I ran the darned thing 6 hours today clearing our driveway and the neighbors too.

We had just shy of 30". Zach, can you stop wishing for snow now?
VaccaRabite
I am content. For now.

I am looking forward to sledding the monster hill tomorrow.

Zach
jsayre914
Thanks Zach,

biggrin.gif Spent the whole day, playing in the snow/ shoveling/ snowball fight/ shoveling/ climbing trees/ shoveling/ building real igloos (how cool is that)/ oh yeah i shoveled some more. I had a lot of fun, but now i am back at work in baltimore dry.gif

a few pics of my oldest daughter in the mega igloo...
Dr Evil
Where is Sasha, Joe?
Dr Evil
Oh ya, a word of caution. Dont let her play in the igloo unattended. I heard tale recently of a kid that build a tunnel in a snow bank only to have it cave in on her and suffocate her. sad.gif
jsayre914
Sasha is like Jody, two step outside and that was enough. hissyfit.gif

It was just me and Lila all day. Yes i also thought about the "cave in" and structured it just so, in case it caved in we would have an escape. smile.gif

I would never leave either of my kids unatended. That was never an option smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
I figured. You suck with cars, but your good with your kids wink.gif Lila is such a cutie. I showed Noel and she got all gushy rolleyes.gif
jsayre914
just for Noel, wub.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 6 2010, 02:51 PM) *

I asked Noel to take a pic of me shoveling out our street. I was board, and looked forward to the exercise. She did not get the whole pic, only about half of it. I shoveled out about 100yds + around my car and the walk way. We got a solid 24" here.

Dude, Buy a snowthrower!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 6 2010, 04:51 PM) *

Doc!! Move down here.. we get snow, but it only lasts about 5 hours and it is gone.
VaccaRabite
Work is closed tomorrow again in Baltimore. Nowhere to park for the teaching staff and administration. I always LOL at this whenever someone started touting how great it is to have a "pedestrian campus." Back when we had on campus parking, we never had these problems.

Soo we are off tomorrow. And probably Wednesday too if the next storm is as powerful as it is reported to be. another foot? maybe more? Bring it on!

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 8 2010, 04:15 PM) *

another foot? maybe more? Bring it on!

I hate you guys. cartman.gif
jsayre914
Mabey if the Admins would lock this thread idea.gif ......

.....the snow might stop smash.gif

Weather . com just upped it to 20inches more for tommorow, on top of the 27 inches i just shovled

Where is Zach!?
MikeSpraggi
I just read on weatherchannel.com ... calling for 10 to 20 inches Tuesday thru Wednesday. Who was it that was wishing for snow??????
Katmanken
Not all was good in snowyland...

I was cooking Sat. night and looked out the back window.

I coud see lots of red lights between the houses behind me....

Went on the deck and...

Holy Crap!

One of our neighbors house was on fire...

Stealth firemen. They drove up without sirens, and worked quietly.

TJB/914
Typically Winter Snow fall in Northern U.P.(Upper Peninsula) Michigan is about 300" average. Anyone who dies during the winter months stays on ice till they bury them in July. confused24.gif

Tom
VaccaRabite
Now THAT is snow. But, you are ready for it. You know its going to be there. In the MidA we seem to be blissfully ignorant that snow happens and no one is prepped when it does.

Still, I'd love to see big snow like whats pictured above. Thats just incredible.

Zach
MikeSpraggi
Here we go again. Just started in Silver Spring ......
VaccaRabite
Here too! smile.gif
Just heard from Loyola that we are closed for the rest of the week. Woot!

Zach
zymurgist
WTF.gif is this stromberg.gif ?
Dr Evil
Not in Hershey, yet.

If it gets too bad, I can show you all where Zach lives and we can beat his ass stick.gif tongue.gif
Katmanken
Crap,

As much as last time. I'm losing rails on my split rail fence.

Ken
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 9 2010, 04:27 PM) *

Not in Hershey, yet.

If it gets too bad, I can show you all where Zach lives and we can beat his ass stick.gif tongue.gif

Best not do that. I'll hide in your bus. The mob will have to go through it to get to me.

Zach
(snow snow snow!)
plas76targa
Zach, I sure hope you got to sled on that hill you mentioned after Saturday's storm. Next time, please keep you mouth shut about the weather.
type47
No one but stoopid weather commentators out in this stuff....
Click to view attachment
zymurgist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_TEqdWDBs
Katmanken
Well, so far we got two 6 inch dumps and I shoveled each time

Then we got another 4 or so last night and I shoveled again today,

And now that work is covered again...
plas76targa
I ran the 'borrowed' snow blower this morning at 8:00 am. There was 9 inches worth then, four more by the time I quit at 9:30. All our deck furniture is covered. The gas grill w/cover looks like a buffalo!
ClayPerrine
I am SOOOOOO glad I am in Texas!!!!

It is cold here, but no snow. Well, at least not now. They are predicting some for tonight/tomorrow. I may have to take the train to work, instead of the 914-6.
charliew
Good day for pig hunting, 40 degrees and overcast if it just wasn't so muddy. It's a pain to wash a muddy hog off in 40 degree cloudy weather.
VaccaRabite
This storm is ridiculous. We have already gotten as much snow as we did last Friday. At times it is total whiteout. Awesome!

Zach

Dr Evil
Asshole dry.gif
charliew
Hope the firewood is dry. Imagine what it would be like without global warming happening.
plas76targa
I second what Mike said.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 10 2010, 04:48 PM) *

Asshole dry.gif

I second what Mike said.

You know you love me.

Its all quiet here now, except for the plows. Got 20+ today, but our roads are cleared to blacktop.

IPB Image
Where the two green planters sticks are is a huge barrel planter.

IPB Image
This area was bald of snow due to heavy winds during the last storm. Not so much any more.

Zach
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 10 2010, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 10 2010, 04:48 PM) *

Asshole dry.gif

I second what Mike said.

You know you love me.

Its all quiet here now, except for the plows. Got 20+ today, but our roads are cleared to blacktop.

IPB Image
Where the two green planters sticks are is a huge barrel planter.

IPB Image
This area was bald of snow due to heavy winds during the last storm. Not so much any more.

Zach

Then stop your bitching! I have 42 inches here in Blue Bell that you can have right now.

When will the trucks arrive?
Pat
Dr Evil
My poor bus sad2.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 10 2010, 09:02 PM) *

My poor bus sad2.gif

No, its stylin'!

It has a snow pompadour! Yer bus and my truck are just getting ready to start a rock'a billy band. That's all.

Zach
hasaramat
Hey guys, I will take all of your snow!!!! Have you ever been on 275 horsepower that only weights 500 lbs full of fuel. Here is what it looks like and it is one of the most excieting things on this planet, IMO biggrin.gif It is built for hill climbing here in the steep and deep of Utah.
jsayre914
I am all done digging, now i am still waiting for a plow..... popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.