Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Southern theives! >:^(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
VaccaRabite
All you southern guys are stealing my snow this weekend!
Fuchin' jerks!

If its going to be this butt ass cold, least I could get is some snow to play in, and you rednecks are hogging it all up.
WTF.gif

bootyshake.gif
Zach
ws91420
I for one don't want it because I have a very important court date Monday about visitation w/ my kids.
zymurgist
They can have it. I need to make a run to the dump, and do some dog sitting this weekend. Both of these tasks are a lot easier without the complication of precipitation.
dlee6204
We had a high in the 60s yesterday. It was a great day for a topless drive. Now tomorrow we are suppose to have a high of 25 with snow. How am I suppose to work on the teener in that? I'd be happy to give you your snow back just find me my warm weather.
blitZ
If we get any, I'll send it back to you.
pcar916
By all means take it back... NOW! My kids are delighted however since we don't have a good snow-removal infrasructure.

Still it's the only time I can teach them how to drive in it safely. You know... parking lot skid-pad lessons!!!!
ClayPerrine
Keep that nasty white crap up north where it belongs. We sure as hell don't want it here.

Jake Raby
Yep.. Looks like I'll be driving the Pinzgauer home tonight! Thank god for locking diffs!
Calling for 5 inches here.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Very nice Zach. I had NO IDEA that you were so prejudice!!!

At least our 914s don't rust down here, our women are more beautiful and polite, and we have the longest driving season and the best roads.
And if we had a few more supplies a few years ago, you, today, would be living in the good ol' CSA!

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 29 2010, 07:52 AM) *

Fuchin' jerks!

If its going to be this butt ass cold, least I could get is some snow to play in, and you rednecks are hogging it all up.
WTF.gif

bootyshake.gif
Zach

Mark Henry
Snow wimps....oh, a little snow, whaaaa! theexperience_hud.gif
poke.gif
SLITS
I would be more than elated to share the 4' we got. I spent two days shoveling.
type47
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jan 29 2010, 06:55 AM) *

... a very important court date Monday ...

Keep the snow tires on but maybe it'll be gone by Monday.... As I see it, you're getting the brunt of it in your area. dance.gif
underthetire
[quote name='dr914@autoatlanta.com' date='Jan 29 2010, 09:17 AM' post='1267153']

At least our 914s don't rust down here, our women are more beautiful and polite, and we have the longest driving season and the best roads.
And if we had a few more supplies a few years ago, you, today, would be living in the good ol' CSA!

Longest driving season my ass bootyshake.gif
Drove mine to work the last couple days. Only guys that have it even better are the So. Cal softy's.
carr914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2010, 12:17 PM) *

George, I've seen some of your rust buckets, my ex lives in Atlanta, and while beautiful, is anything but polite. I've seen it snow alot there too, ( I was stuck there once cause of it), the only accumilation of the white stuff we have here is the stuff people snort. And don't get me started about the Crackers.

In short, I moved here to escape the cold & snow. We have the longest driving season. Sorry Kali, we don't have mudslides & earthquakes

T.C.

whatabout1
I brought my cross country skis home from the shop today.

So we won't get much.
black73
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 29 2010, 08:52 AM) *

Fuchin' jerks!

WTF.gif

bootyshake.gif
Zach

You are more than welcome to come visit... for a while. bye1.gif
markb
Snow? What's snow? biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 29 2010, 09:16 AM) *

Yep.. Looks like I'll be driving the Pinzgauer home tonight! Thank god for locking diffs!

locking diffs in the snow confused24.gif would be my first choice! unless i wanted to be sideways.But im not driving and its not my car..Limited slip is the way to go in the slick stuff ..JMO
Jake Raby
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 29 2010, 02:39 PM) *

locking diffs in the snow confused24.gif would be my first choice! unless i wanted to be sideways.But im not driving and its not my car..Limited slip is the way to go in the slick stuff ..JMO

You haven't seen the driveway to my shop.. Its on top of a mountain.

When we get any snow, even the Pinz needs to be locked on all 4 corners to make it to the top.
Eric_Shea
I would be more than elated to share the 4" I have.

huh.gif
Jake Raby
They were wrong again... We have nothing.
jea69
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 29 2010, 03:52 PM) *

Fuchin' jerks!

WTF.gif

bootyshake.gif
Zach

i have some in stock , its the white heavy to move type. il accept pickup only, how much do you need? biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Now THAT'S snow................

Nothing but a sheet of ice in Memphis this AM....
dlee6204
6 inches of snow here plus lots of sleet
zymurgist
It started around 11:15 here in western Maryland. It's cold so it should be powdery and easy to blow off my car. I love having compressed air. smile.gif
stepuptotheMike
we've basically got about an inch and a half of sleet......sorta looks like snow. It's 28 out and not supposed to go higher than that. Temp should plummet tonight. Going to be one nice sheet of ice. I've got all my home improvement supplies so it's nothing but honey do list this weekend.

Mike
scotty b
Had 7" by 10:00 this morning. Probable near 10-12' by now and still going
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 30 2010, 02:52 PM) *

Had 7" by 10:00 this morning. Probable near 10-12' by now and still going

Thats what I wanted up here. A solid foot of snow to play in.

In the past 3 years I have had 1 decent storm here in south central PA. And now you boys down south have had 2. Sucks!

Zach
anderssj
Around 4:30 at a friend's house in Hampton VA

Click to view attachment

w00t.gif
ws91420
Fuchin snow!!!!!! Messed up a court date I really wanted/needed to have tomorrow.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 29 2010, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2010, 12:17 PM) *

George, I've seen some of your rust buckets, my ex lives in Atlanta, and while beautiful, is anything but polite. I've seen it snow alot there too, ( I was stuck there once cause of it), the only accumilation of the white stuff we have here is the stuff people snort. And don't get me started about the Crackers.

In short, I moved here to escape the cold & snow. We have the longest driving season. Sorry Kali, we don't have mudslides & earthquakes

T.C.

Ya, earth quake season is a bitch in CA rolleyes.gif As for mud slides, just stay away from the denuded hill sides when it rains. You have HURRICANES, and they have a season. And humidity. And giant bugs. In CA, it is not the weather, its the cost of living.
MikeSpraggi
I was driving home today on Rt 15 after picking up a tranny from Dr. Evil. Noticed that the snow accumulated right about where the Mason-Dixon is. I guess the South will never forget.
Jake Raby
In CA, it is not the weather, its the cost of living.

and the long lines, idiot drivers, dumb ass laws and other crap.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 1 2010, 08:53 AM) *

In CA, it is not the weather, its the cost of living.

and the long lines, idiot drivers, dumb ass laws and other crap.

Was that CA or FL? Because I can't tell the difference from that description. wink.gif
scotty b
Freezing rain and snow tonight. MAYBE 1-2". They're also currently calling for another major storm this coming weekend. Early predictions for this friday and saturday are anywhere from 10-20" popcorn[1].gif Party on Wayne....party on Garth

I can see Al Gore sitting in a corner rocking back and forth crying right about ritght now av-943.gif
jsayre914
Are you happy now Zach slap.gif
Dr Evil
My brakes were mere suggestions last night on the way home. I slid right through a red light at an intersection doing 10-20mph (in a 50) right in front of a cop. I didnt get pulled over.
jsayre914
My uniwiper motor on the 300te went up about 9pm last night as it was comming down heavy on I83. It was a looonng ride home last night. I smelled the motor burning from inside the cabin. barf.gif

I already orderd another one from flaps 100bucks. sad.gif

I miss my 2 wiper 914 beer3.gif
zymurgist
I had a friend who owned a '72 MGB. It had 3 wipers.
charliew
The best biggest difference in FL. and Ca. is concealed carry and rain totals.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:58 AM) *

I'll be happy if we get crushed with snow this weekend. But I think that storm is supposed to stay south again, mostly.

Everything we got Tuesday night was gone by 1 in the afternoon. Where is the fun in that?

Zach
type47
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 4 2010, 05:24 AM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:58 AM) *

I'll be happy if we get crushed with snow this weekend. But I think that storm is supposed to stay south again, mostly.

Your forecast is for 1-2" at this time. But there's time for you to come to NoVa for the 16-24" forecast idea.gif My poor dog is only a foot tall, how's she gonna poop?
r_towle
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 29 2010, 04:42 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 29 2010, 02:39 PM) *

You haven't seen the driveway to my shop.. Its on top of a mountain.

When we get any snow, even the Pinz needs to be locked on all 4 corners to make it to the top.

I agree with you there...LSD sucks ass in the snow...locking diffs are premium.
With loads of torque an lsd is a joke on a diesel with a plow.

Rich
scotty b
headbang.gif headbang.gif We're looking at 6" of combined ice, sleet, and snow now headbang.gif headbang.gif
r_towle
av-943.gif
VaccaRabite
Ohh, my town is right on the line. If the storm tracks north just a tad, we'll have 2 feet. If it stays south just a tad, we will only get 7 inches.

C'mon! Gimmie lots of snow!

Zach
zymurgist
stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south stay south
VaccaRabite
Ken, I don't like you any more! :mad:

Zach
zymurgist
Dude.

If I wanted to look at several feet of snow for months at a time, I would live in Minnesota or Alaska or some place where they know how to deal with it. As it is, all it does for me is provide an excuse to set up some new hardware and to watch movies with my friends across the street.

But hey, I bet you could bunk with Scotty for the weekend. Tell him I sent you. wink.gif
jsayre914
chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif

Look what you did Zach....

25-30 inches expected in the next 24 hours here in baltimore. With possibly more than 30 inches in some areas. The governer declared emergency and has 100 military humvees and ambus ready to go. all gov offices are shut down and only the Karmic connection remains open beer.gif

careful what you wish for beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.