Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I may be giving my car away
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
kconway
You don't have 100% control over reaching your goal. Your making a huge assumption that your daughter wants a relationship with you. Start slow, take the bargaining chips off the table. I only see the car a factor if YOU didn't want this relationship and to get yourself motivated.
Good luck, I sincerely hope it works out for the best; but remember what you preceive as the best may not be the same for her.
montoya 73 2.0
Hey Billy, Dude I have 2 daughters (18 & 19) now as adults I do know that they both will do what they want to do when they want to do it.

The youngest was taken from me when she was 2 (by her mother). We had separated (never married) and then she found a new guy and told me that she was moving to Arizona and she would contact me when she saw fit. I didn't hear from her until my daughter was 7. I searched for her but nothing, I knew she was in Arizona somewhere cause I paid them child support. Then I get a notice from Washington state saying I owe them child support. To make a long story short, my child didn't even know I was her father. She saw a picture one day at her grandmas house of me holding her and asked "who is that"? After finding out who her bio-dad was she wanted to get to know me.

Now my situation is different from yours but it comes down to the same thing. A parent and a child separated for a long period of time is not a good thing but it is not the end of the world. As they say time heals all wounds. The key is time!

I did not read that you were only giving it "90 days or you were giving up" I read that you were using the Teener as a tool for motivating yourself to act and then follow through with that action. Regardless of what you and your child decide, you did make the hard decision to swallow your pride (or whatever you want to call it cause it took a hell of alot of balls to take that first step after all these years!) and try. Many people don't even try to mend that heartache. They figure it's been to long to heal.

Get 'R' Done Billy! Your a better person for it and a better parent for attempting something that too many people would just say "oh well".

We are all here for you man! Many blessings and wishful thoughts for you!
Krieger
Some of the reponses here are inappropriate and downright stupid. This is serious! Humor is helpful, but. How about taking your daughter on a road trip or trip of some sort where you can spend some time alone together. Even for a weekend. What does she like to do? Find out from her sisters, create something bigger out of it and propose it to her. Maybe bring one of the other girls along if she is uncomfortable. Good luck. Keep us posted I do agree the timeline thing is artificial.
charliew
Billy I agree the car deal is not good for your situation. Kids really never forget what happens in their lives. Just do the best you can and maybe if you get your other children to help the relationship will improve. At some point the grandparents will need some help also. I hope she lives close by and the grand parents are helpful.

Good luck and remember if you really try your best thats all you can do. Get some ideas from your other grown children.
SirAndy
Thread locked per request from PanelBilly ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.