Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reduced: Porsche 914 w/2.0 race engine - $2,900
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dcarpe03
Price Reduced from $3,800 to $2,900. I need this gone!

Porsche 914 w/2.0 race engine

Located in Methuen, Massachusetts

For restoration or parts - Running 914 with 2.0 race modified motor with
side shift transmission. Blue exterior and black interior.

Car runs and idles, 72 chassis w/74 race modified 2.0ltr engine. Has been a
project car for last year, but financial circumstances have changed. The car would
be ready to drive except that it seems that from sitting the clutch has
become stuck to the flywheel. Clutch pedal works fine. If you know how
to un-stick it then this will be ready to go. Fun car to throw in the corners or even for a track car.

Clear title
Also included with the sale:

- 3 transmissions (including an additional rebuilt sideshift)
- two 1.7ltr engines for rebuild
- 1 set of brand new 1.7ltr heads
- two additional sport seats
- 2nd interior
- additional parts like engine shrouding alternators, starters etc

Taking a huge bath on this project but situation dictates that it has to go. Don’t miss this opportunity. $2,900 obo

Will consider a trade for a 996 turbo….. of course =)

Please email for more information or for pictures.
dcarpe03@gmail.com

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Sorry these pics are from when the car was still apart and very dirty! It is all back together now and looks good. Will get some pics up shortly
Rifleman

What is the rust situation? Any crash damage?
Can I get a pic(s) of the engine? Except for thre clutch - road worthy?
What wheels/tires are you running? Thanks.

Dan
dcarpe03
Hey Dan,

There is very little rust on the car. It was taken apart and rustproofed in the mid/late 90's according to records. (I have records going back to the 80's)

There is a bit of rust on one side of the passenger floorpan and a little oxidation under the rubber lip on the front bumper. The Hell Hole and other parts of the car are fine.

To my knowledge it has never been in an accident. When I was under the car putting in the race motor everything seemed straight.

The rims are black American racing rims which actually look pretty cool on the car. I will have to check which kind of tires are on there but they have excellent tread. However, I believe them to be pretty old. Though I don't see much side wall cracking I have no idea when they were put on as the roller I had bought had sat for some time.

Fixing the clutch issue, tightening up the driver rear brake caliper and giving the carbs a full clean and tune. I would say the car could be roadworthy. Honestly, I have never taken it out though, due to the clutch being stuck so I can't say anything with complete assurance.

Derek
dcarpe03
Oh brand new battery as well. That is a dual weber set up with the covers off.

The spring you see is due to moving the accelerator cable to the front of the engine. It works just fine, though I know there are many posts online for a more permanent solution.

Click to view attachment
Rifleman

Thanks for the pics. Additional shots of the rust areas would help.
Has the car been started since reassembly?
Pics of the interior would also help. Thanks.

Dan
dcarpe03
I was able to take a few more pictures tonight now that the car is back together.

Click to view attachment

There is a small amount of surface rust here and there on the hood/windshield

Click to view attachment

This is a picture of the rust under the pass side floorpan

Click to view attachment

Back trunk:

Click to view attachment

Hell Hole is in good shape, original battery tray:

Click to view attachment

Front trunk:

Click to view attachment

Spare tire:

Click to view attachment

Interior:

Click to view attachment
dcarpe03
**BUMP**

Price reduced to $2,700. Need this to move on, the parts lot itself is worth $1500!
e30driver
Why are all the good deals so far away? sad.gif
jwhcars
Good luck Kharma on your purchase and welcome to the madness. beer3.gif
kharma
Thanks smile.gif

& thanks Derek... home safe and sound, I look forward to getting on the road next time under her own power!

IPB Image

angerosa
When my clutch stuck to my flywheel from sitting. I started it up in neutral and made sure nothing was in front of me. After a couple of bucks forward it unstuck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.